Author Topic: Fe Reunion weather  (Read 9564 times)

Katz427

• View Profile
Fe Reunion weather
« on: April 18, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
The weather has been horrible so far in April. However the outlook for the Reunion looks much better. Forecast now is for mid 60's and only a slight chance of rain each day.

shady

• View Profile
Re: Fe Reunion weather
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »
I asked my Wiener dog today about  the FFR weather. She said not to worry, it's going to be sunny & warm. Usually she's more accurate as the big forecasters. SO... BRING SUNSCREEN.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:03:38 PM »
Ya Ohio forecast is 60's next week and sun.  I can only hope!!
Larry

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 09:04:04 PM »
We need the FE Gods to look down on us

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 07:30:05 AM »

And then calling for temps dropping into the 50s with chances of rain towards the end of the week. >:(
This has been one hell of a miserable Spring so far.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 11:25:02 AM »

And then calling for temps dropping into the 50s with chances of rain towards the end of the week. >:(
This has been one hell of a miserable Spring so far.
Yep, just keep your eye on those massive low pressure systems dropping down to Arizona on the left coast and drifting across.  Looked like a day in January here yesterday with another 4" of snow.  Brine and similar road "chemistry" is keeping the fun stuff in the garage to keep the rust demons at bay.  It's going to be a no spring year, hope the switch gets thrown soon.
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

TomP

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 11:58:15 AM »
I hope that "you guys" can turn that weather around. We want good air but not rain delays, warm enough to not need a jacket. Work on that!  :P

Here in the western Great White North it's a nice sunny day around 70 degrees.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 01:36:04 PM »
I hope that "you guys" can turn that weather around. We want good air but not rain delays, warm enough to not need a jacket. Work on that!  :P

The weather here has been so crappy for so long that I keep thinking there just HAS to be a stretch of good weather coming up. Finally was able to get the car out last weekend, get the oil changed and take it for the years first shake-down run. Too cold to work out in the garage, so it's been a few hours here and there to get things ready. Still keeping the fingers crossed though, because it's too far away to predict with any certainty yet.

In prepping for the event, I got tired of having to stop every 1 1/2 hours for gas in my car hauler, so I installed a 100 gallon fuel transfer tank in my bed and am plumbing it into the main tank so I can refill while going down the road. Kind of anxious to try that out. If my math is correct, I should be able to make it all the way to Beaver Springs and almost 1/2 the way back home before having to get gas. Yeah, I know, visions of the van in Gumball Rally come to mind :)
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 03:34:12 PM »
Doug my F350 can get to beaver and half way back on 36 gallons, the dam dodge gets half way there and I have to fuel up to get there. The on the way home I fuel again at the same fuel stop and come home. That truck holds 40 gallons. I won`t be there this yr due to both truck needing work and the trailer needing brakes. The 56 just needs to be started as its always ready to go. I`ll miss all you guys but next yr I`ll be better equipped.

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
Official Accuweather forecast is 62* fri. & sat. with a chance of showers both days.  I once again asked the wiener dog about this, and she said no way will there be showers. She also said to watch out for that black and white '58 Fairlane. At 62* it will be flyin. Sunday it will be 68 & sunny, of coarse.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »
Give that dog a bone! I like that weather forecast!

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 12:12:14 PM »
Looked today and rain on Wed in Ohio, then 60 and sun through the weekend.  Beaver has the same basic forecast.   I'm loaded and ready to go!  Brian and I plan to get there Thurs afternoon.
Larry

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 06:02:07 PM »
I've been holding off because of the questionable weather. Today I finally took the exhaust off and loaded the car, changed the oil in the truck and checked it over and took the loaded trailer for a test haul to make sure everything was ok. Looks like the weather just MIGHT cooperate. Gonna get a late start Thursday though, so probably won't make it to Selinsgrove till late.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

preaction

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 06:05:32 PM »
As of today Carlisle Pa which is just around the corner from Beaver Springs calls for 66* Friday and 61 for Saturday.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 08:35:04 PM »
I'll keep a spot reserved Doug if you like.  We are parking in the back row like before.
Larry