Author Topic: So we did a little testing last night.....  (Read 10309 times)

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
Re: So we did a little testing last night.....
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2018, 10:08:16 PM »
Still experimenting with tires, gearing, and four-link settings.  We cured the converter issues by going to a 9" unit.  It is flashing 6500 now, which is where we want it to go.  Tim Lyons is a sharp chassis man, but he's trying to sneak up on the setup without flipping the thing over backwards.  It needs to leave off the brake at about 5000 rpm, but has not hooked yet above 3000.  They'll get there.  Cool to see Brainerd get a little press.  I grew up there with lanes full of Stock, Super Stock, and Modified cars.  Cotton Perry ran there weekly in the "Pocket Rocket" which was a notorious Modified killer near the end of Modified Eliminator in the '70s up to 1980.
Blair Patrick

TomP

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 12:02:17 AM »
That article had pix, gotta scroll way down, pic #84 and 94 of 100. Also a red 65 Comet a couple pix beyond that, #87 and 89. Then the HenryJ they mention is #95 and 96.

No good pix of Lizzy Musi though, that'd be her in the pink shorts :-* ... with that goofball from Street Outlaws.  ::)

N2950H

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 10:46:47 AM »
That Fairlane is gorgeous and it sounds like it is coming together nicely.  Congrats to you Blair and Vernon.

I'd punch a puppy right in his dumb little face for a chance to make a pass in that car.

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 03:15:37 PM »
anything new with this car?  I believe it is a great example of FE Ford Capabilities and would like to keep up with how this car is doing
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »
Pics! We MUST have pics! LOL  ::)

520 inch BP FE.  Two 4150 carbs inline, on a billet tunnel ram.  .800 lift, my High Riser Race Pro Ports, 5-stage dry sump.  C4 from Joel.  Tim Lyons did the chassis, and it is top-shelf.
Bob Maag

Machspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 09:10:49 PM »

TomP

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2018, 02:44:57 AM »
5's??? He wasn't even in the 7's last time I saw it at Beaver Springs... I mean Atlanta is a quarter mile track and it would be silly to think that was just eighth mile.  :-*

But anyways... i'd say there is lots more left in it when he ditches that stupid slushbox. It launches like a Greyhound bus.
A "proper" convertor,  lower gear... or better yet a stick, which most automatic racers may not realize has an infinitely adjustable stall speed.