Author Topic: WTB: early clicker style C6 valve body  (Read 1680 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
WTB: early clicker style C6 valve body
« on: April 10, 2018, 08:02:58 PM »
Since Fed Ex destroyed my C6 valve body I am looking for another one. Broader Performance modifies the stock valve bodies and has currently ran short of the early style with the shift detent built into the valve body. That is why I shipped him mine. The later models have the detent built into the shift arm with a spring clip and roller screwed into the case. So, if anyone has one they want to part with let me know.

Fordman

• View Profile
Re: WTB: early clicker style C6 valve body
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 01:26:34 PM »
How early is early?. Can you educate me?. Thanks....John

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:09:04 PM »
How early is early?. Can you educate me?. Thanks....John

I am not sure. I have read pre-76 but I have another C6 with a case casting number that is D4TE and it is the later style. I think 72 and down would be a safe bet. Also if it has the push in style of vacuum modulator it might be the later style. For me the best way to find out is to remove the pan and look. The spool valve on the early models will have notches cut into for the detents and will be very hard to move by hand. The later models will have a flat pad machined into the spool and will slide freely. On the later units the shift detents will be on the shift arm itself on the inside.

Fordman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 08:59:06 PM »
I have a couple 67/68 C6 trans so I'm probably have one Alan. Call me at two50-four85-771eight....John

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 10:12:55 PM »
I have a couple 67/68 C6 trans so I'm probably have one Alan. Call me at two50-four85-771eight....John
Jay at Broader says he might have one coming but I'll give you a call tomorrow evening. Here is a pic of what I am looking for. The spool valve (circled) has notches in it for the shift detents. Thanks!

manofmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 05:47:12 AM »
Those are getting hard to find .Most trans brakes use this style they are available but you have to look .I am not sure when ford quit using the clicker style but I have a 1972 c-6 and it uses the 'rooster' tail style .I find that one easier to adjust.In December I sold two of the clicker valve bodies to Frank for trans brake conversion .Doug