Author Topic: Add FedEx to my list of companies I'll never deal with again  (Read 2685 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Add FedEx to my list of companies I'll never deal with again
« on: April 06, 2018, 06:52:19 PM »
2 weeks ago I sent my manual C6 valve body to Broader Performance via FedEx to be converted to a trans-brake. I sent it 2nd day air. After a week I checked my tracking number and found that they were unable to deliver it due to no one being available to sign for it. So I called them this last Tuesday about it and they told me they were shipping it back to me. Tonight I called them and asked about the status since it hadn't arrived yet and they told me it had been DESTROYED per customer request!  WHAT?? I couldn't believe it. I never yelled so much on the phone in my whole life. Nobody seemed to know why it happened and the gal that authorized it wasn't there etc etc. I have never even heard of such a thing.  >:(  >:(  >:(

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
Re: Add FedEx to my list of companies I'll never deal with again
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 07:40:51 PM »
At my last job, we built a trade show mockup of a large medical machine for a customer.  We had a very expensive custom wood crate built, and had it shipped FedEx with $50K insurance.

Someone at the FedEx warehouse drove a forklift through the crate and destroyed the machine  >:( >:(

To add insult to injury, somebody there messed up the insurance paperwork.  FedEx offered us $100 for our trouble.  Really???

It took a two-year lawsuit to get that straightened out.  Only the lawyers made out and it ruined our reputation with our customer.

That said, I haven't had any problems shipping small things FedEx since then!
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 06:17:26 AM »
Wow! Never heard of a shipment's destruction before. Wonder why they didn't just return to sender? 

2 weeks ago I sent my manual C6 valve body to Broader Performance via FedEx to be converted to a trans-brake. I sent it 2nd day air. After a week I checked my tracking number and found that they were unable to deliver it due to no one being available to sign for it. So I called them this last Tuesday about it and they told me they were shipping it back to me. Tonight I called them and asked about the status since it hadn't arrived yet and they told me it had been DESTROYED per customer request!  WHAT?? I couldn't believe it. I never yelled so much on the phone in my whole life. Nobody seemed to know why it happened and the gal that authorized it wasn't there etc etc. I have never even heard of such a thing.  >:(  >:(  >:(
Bob Maag

FishCakes428

• View Profile
UPS not much better this past week
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 07:36:40 PM »
UPS calls me Friday. Ask me if I want to take delivery of my shipment Monday or Wednesday between 11 am to 5 pm? I have to sign for a custom size window well. Just exactly what you may picture in your mind. Galvanized corrugated steel. Not big at all. Sign for it??? Can't just leave it my porch?? Ask the woman what do I do about work? Take off 6 hrs. from work??? Tells me that's the rules. I ask can I come pick it up? She says sure. We're open until 10 pm. I drive 45 minutes to the facility at 8 pm after a full day workin'. I'm in southeast Pa. Girl behind the window tells me window well is not here. WTF! I ask where is it? She checks and then informs me it's in Indiana. To boot, girl behind window appears to not give a s--t! No apologies for the mix up.                                                                                 

Tommy A

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 09:41:14 PM »
Wow Alan, that flat Sucks!!!!!!!!!, and for um to destroy your property, I know I woulda popped my cork 4 sure what a bunch of idiots   'caveat emptor' with all these ship,n companies..........Tom

wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 11:30:55 AM »
FedEx is a joke ups is ok  fedex lost three orders in a row the gps takes then two miles down the road but right by my house.The numbers are on the house and mail box they say they cant find my house so must just drop them any place on the road i live on.Last time the people down the road gave the stuff to me.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:29:08 PM by wayne »

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »
UPS used to drop my $300 Franklin Mint models on the front steps and walk away.   The mail would hold a flip'n photograph envelope for signature?   Say what?  My current house has a nice little porch to hide things so it isn't out there for the whole world to see.

We use both Fedex and UPS at work regularly.  No real issues with either.   We did have a UPS driver that used to drop kick our packages onto the truck(from our dock plate).   We complained, but it took quite some time to finally get another driver that would handle our packages with just a touch more respect.   I know, once out of our site they are beaten to the edge of destruction.

Larry

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 03:37:39 PM »
Thanks for a timely topic. Just sent my heads to Brent, used UPS.

cattleFEeder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 05:23:28 PM »
The US post office has been doing bigger items. I had some long tube headers I returned to summit we shipped them threw the postoffice. I just had a radiator delivered today for a 70 mercury cougar. They are a lot quicker shipping from the westcoast than ups and fedex.
Remember, RPM is your friend

garyv

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 06:01:14 PM »
If it's 70 lbs or less I use the USPS and have had ZERO problems.  Shipped a Y block marine cam to the UK and a timing cover
to Australia and no issues. Stuff to Kalifornia and no problems.  Also USPS has been cheaper than the other two.
I hear nothing but horror stories about FedX and UPS so I avoid them when possible.

garyv

gpwguy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »
We have a great UPS man been thats been here for like 25 years, never a problem, BUT FedEx is a bit different, Bought a fender for my GPW , shipped FedEx. So a guy 1/2 mile from my house shows up at the front door, did you buy a fender? yes I did. Delivered to a house thats address isnt even close to mine. Two months later I buy some thing from the other end of the country, Seller shipped it FedEx, even though I ask for UPS.Same deal, ends up at this guys house. Its even more confusing to me is that this guy is way off the road , and you have to drive way back in the woods to get there. I am right on the highway, fire number right by the road. Its UPS for me