Author Topic: Rubber Stuff  (Read 4324 times)

steinauge

• View Profile
Re: Rubber Stuff
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 09:00:23 PM »
That is a great story! But did you REALLY go to pick up a car without even a pocket knife!!

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 09:10:46 PM »
Probably had a knife in the toolbox in my car but
easier to ask the serialkiller

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 08:56:10 AM »

NHRA rules only dictate where and how much hose can be used. Only short sections to join lines together. Rules are based on class mostly. I don't recall seeing anything based on what type of rubber hose can be used, unless it's banned altogether or calls for braided with fittings, again based on class.

I was sure there was some kind of requirement for the pump-to-carb line, even for Test'n'Tune, which is where this car will be. Something about whether you run an attached fan or not? I know about the dual throttle return spring, and proper battery hold down hardware. Can't find my old Rule Book, so I guess I'll shay-shay to a website or two.

The usual requirement is no more than 12" of rubber line.  I don't usually see that enforced at a local level.  Maybe at a National event.  In any event, I just spent big $$$ converting the dragster to using Jegs 30R9 spec fuel line to be compatible with everything. 

Not Gates, but a similar spec:
http://www.goodyearrubberproducts.com/2012pdfs/Goodyear_Commercial_Truck_Belts_and_Parts/files/assets/downloads/page0032.pdf