Author Topic: YouTube: Ford SOHC F.E.D run!  (Read 2226 times)

machoneman

• View Profile
Bob Maag

babybolt

• View Profile
Re: YouTube: Ford SOHC F.E.D run!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 02:17:51 PM »
Too bad the tach wasn't working, wanted to see the rpm's he was pulling.

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:31:37 AM »
I got to meet them in Bakersfield this year a nice couple they invited us to there race reunion, that would be cool. Leny Mason

HolmanMoodyStroppeGang

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 01:34:20 PM »
Looking good !  Love it !   Happy Thanksgiving to one and all and best wishes from the shop and my friends out West.   

Been ultra busy and thanks for all of these emails.  Shout out to Fast Frank too.

You are looking at what we call a ; Woody Car.  Woody used to visit Fords Western Race Team early Saturday mornings and me and Noel . He is still with us, 80, and lives with his son close by.  Woody built more front engine dragsters than anybody and was doing them 3 shifts with Certified Aircraft level welders for some time. This is one of many that made it over seas and that is bitchin' to some of us.  Thanks for posting

I promise to show you fast guys 1 of 2 Frankenstein Mags that evolved for the fastest and quickest Blown Fuel SOHCS from the very end of the Ford Drag Team era and the Holman Moody and Stroppe days out West.  Imagine a front mounted flame throwing heavy magneto that was front mounted and of course used with a Milidon Gear Drive.  I asked my Boss to hold on to it and we all saved and saved for years to finally get these fast Ford parts.

Thanks to all of you guys for all that you do and have done too.

There are rumors that I will neither confirm or deny that a very fierce SOHC making more noise than the Super Snake may come together before a few of us pull the chutes so, more as events warrant.   One path involves an absolutely bithcin Woody Gilmore car, recall we worked with him in the 70s, then he  was inside my brothers shop for 3 years in the 80s doing Street Rods for the mega rich.   Plan 2 involves a current, 225 inch Don Long style bomb

The nastiest example of an injected Nitro SOHC that I ever saw, helped light, or watch was in the rafters of Stroppes until the mid 70s.   That dude flat made power man...........        That is why it was hard for McEwen to drive in some parts of a run. It just could spin the tires way the duck down track.  Down force and loading and more simply never provided the budget and time to plant the Super Mustang and fix a few little things. 

I have the chutes off of it if the new owner wants them, lost his number.   I hope that he fires her up on 98% Nitro as Ford boys did back when too. 

I actually have and hold a lot of that tuning data,,,,,LOL !! 

Happy Thanksgiving

ps-'Smoke 'em hard for Henry'

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 09:21:59 AM »
Hi, Good to hear from you. Leny Mason