Author Topic: Plain stupidity in full force  (Read 3305 times)

Heo

• View Profile

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

gdaddy01

• View Profile
Re: Plain stupidity in full force
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 03:27:07 PM »
plenty of that going around .

rlsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:57:01 PM »
Well spoken young man.There is very little that is middle class in Wildwood.

chris401

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 10:28:09 AM »
That is in the same line as bigotry. Being afraid of something that looks different. I did not read all the comments, curious what the outcome was.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:40 AM »
From the Facebook page:

8/20/2014 - note this is a 3 years old kinda deal.

Hello everyone,
It has been a quick summer and I just wanted to give you an update on what is happening with me and my truck;
1) Since our meeting with the trustees at the Wildwood mayor's office this spring, I have been parking in my driveway and have been left alone. To my knowledge, the by-law is still on the books, but for the time being, the subdivision is choosing to allow me to park in my driveway, without any fines or harassment.
2) I consolidated my two jobs into one: I started working nights and weekends at the new Lucky's Market in Ellisville. If you see the truck out front, I'm probably inside. Stop by and say hello.
3) I have just started community collage. I am driving about 48 miles a day between the Wildwood campus and the Kirkwood campus, and the old truck is starting to cost me about a fortune (at 8 miles to the gallon)! - I am not selling the truck! But, if any of you know of a nice; say, 2004-2008 Subaru, all-wheel drive, good gas milage vehicle, please message me.
Thank you again for all of your support!
Matt

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 01:11:07 PM »
Not uncommon at all.

Back in about 1990-ish we moved to a duplex(owned it, rented the other side) in an old housing alotment.   We bought a small shed to store stuff(mower, etc).   As it was being delivered(fully assembled), the neighbor behind us came out ranting about restrictions of the alotment.  Seems no outbuildings smaller then "xx" were allowed.  Basically it had to be a full size garage or bigger.   Small 10x10 barns were not allowed.  Well, seems that there was LOTS of those barns scattered around the area and we basically told the neighbor to get rid of the rest of them and come see us.   It was left alone. 

There were also very old regulations saying you could not park in your driveway OVERNIGHT.   You had to put your car away.  Well, there were two of us and two vehicles and only one garage.  That was never an issue, luckily, as I bought two more vehicles that had to park outside.

When I moved the last time I got a letter from the township stating I could not have my Mack sitting outside.  Huh?  I was in the city and had no issue.  I move out to the country and suddenly it is a problem.  I tried to fight it, tried to get a variance.  No avail.  I ended up cutting the side out of my garage and making a barn door to get the truck inside.  Seems back in the 90's there were too many owner/operators and too many people complained about truck noise/traffic.  Something along those lines.  I have to have more then 1 acre to have a truck outside, which I don't.
Larry

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 02:26:23 PM »
I had two of that kind of neighbours that reported me to all kind of authorities
about my cars and my wife's horses and that i made all kind of noises in my shop
my saw mill bla bla bla. The authorities inspected and had nothing to complain about
And it all started over again
Just because two idiots that wasted their whole life on being jealous and tried to blame
their own failure on others No one in the village wanted anything to do with them
Even the village idiot that was brother with one and cousin with the others said. Those two
are not right in the head i recon

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »
From the Facebook page:
"...and the old truck is starting to cost me about a fortune (at 8 miles to the gallon)!

Yikes! I think the guys truck had issues, or at least he needed to learn to tune that thing a bit better. My '70 F-350 dually gets that...pulling 9000 lbs!

I hate these types of laws (this one seems especially stupid), but I can see both sides of the equation when laws like this are passed. If you live in a nice housing district, the last thing you want is some trash moving in next door, and ending up with a back yard full of half stripped Hondas and rusted junk....while the house starts to fall apart and groundhogs start to take over.

Bottom line, if you want some freedom to do and have what you want, do your research before buying into an 'uppity' neighborhood like this. I wouldn't have lasted one week in that neighborhood ;D
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:15:19 PM »
The infamous HOA helps keep out the trash.  But like many places, the rules get forgotten as new people come in and the old neighbors pass.  It slowly becomes acceptable to have "stuff" laying around.  Til someone finally speaks up.  Then it's a big ordeal. 

There was a guy on the ford truck enthusiast site that had a F700(uhaul kinda truck with 8ft bed on it) and same thing.  The neighbors complained because it was not a common "pickup".  Don't recall what ever happened with it. 

Like ill forgotten laws from 100 yrs ago that are on the books, but usually not know about.
Larry

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 03:35:26 PM »
Bought my place on 2 acres in '79.  Everyone in the area has about that much ground, a "country" subdivision so to speak.  Had to sign a paper saying I wouldn't raise chickens or horses and that I wouldn't open a body shop or "garage" (really, those were the only 4 things that weren't allowed).  Since then I've found out that I'm real good at the animal part but the other 2 not so much  ::) 
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

chris401

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »
Even some of the no votes were pickup owners. I was thinking about how they allowed SUVs and newer pickups but were prejedoust agianst the 65. Maybe because it has a 66 grille?

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 10:27:22 PM »
You might be right.  God knows we're losing history to a bunch of kids without a clue because their parents are clueless too.   I say burn down the phones, put metal in the kids hands and see what happens, bet it would be good.
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick