Author Topic: Anyone have a table top mill?  (Read 1598 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Anyone have a table top mill?
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:50:57 PM »
I have the opportunity to buy a Grizzly table top mill with stand and some tooling for $750 which is about half the price of a new one, minus tooling. I guess I am looking for some pros/cons input. I know a bigger one would be much better but space is at a premium so an old Bridgeport would not be in the cards. Here is a link to the one I am looking at. Also it appears to be virtually new condition.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Mill-Drill/G3358?utm_campaign=zPage&utm_source=grizzly.com

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
Re: Anyone have a table top mill?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 08:29:12 PM »
I've used lotsa small machines.

That is a decent deal, the only negative is the round column.  Just the same, if it was local, and I needed a mill, I'd totally buy it.

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »
I have had 3 way Grizzly that has served me well for over 15 years. For what it is i have been very happy with it.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 04:06:34 AM »
I have an antique table top mill.  For the life I can't say the name, but it isn't Smithy or Grizzly.  It will come to me, or I'll walk out and look.  I attached a pic, but can't read the name.

I've had it about 10 yrs.  Comes In handy in the garage for making stuff.  It has a 9 x 24 table, so it is not tiny.  I would like to put a digital readout on it, but haven't spent the money. I do have a spindle readout on it, as those are pretty cheap and easy to install.  Mine is not an R8 spindle, but I have a full set of holders and a chuck for it. 

I paid $500 for it and a small 4 drawer full of tooling.  I snag stuff small stuff from work in a pinch.
Larry