Author Topic: EMC 390 for sale - SOLD  (Read 2288 times)

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
EMC 390 for sale - SOLD
« on: October 10, 2017, 09:54:29 AM »
I am selling the just completed Engine Masters entry.

Its a pretty nice 390 based 445 stroker with a contest mandated flat tappet and a host of other upgrades.  Not a race engine, but should be a really nice street piece.  Compression is right at 11:1 and we ran it on pump premium for tuning with any hint of problems.  Short block has a steel crank and H beam rods, along with Mahle flat tops.  Ring pack is a pretty normal 1.5-1.5-3.0mm with plasma-moly top.  Cam is an off the shelf Comp 294S.  Nice machining and assembly throughout.

Heads are Survival with CNC porting on chambers and ports, but using a 2.200 intake valve to work with the 4.090 bore.  Third party flow testing at 344 cfm.  Springs are Comp beehives with TI retainers.  Intake is an Edelbrock Performer RPM with port work.

Some high value or borrowed items will not be included with the sale.  These include the 427 cast manifolds which need to be returned to Rod C., the hand made Ford distributor which goes back to my buddy Tim, and the C8AX oil pan & 850 vacuum Holley which go back into my personal collection for future use.  Replacements for these are at the customer's choice and will be installed and the engine re-tested before shipment.  I highly suspect that a Moroso pan, a set of headers, a modern carb, and an MSD distributor would not hurt the power output in any way  :)

The heads, intake, and valve covers are all painted Ford blue - makes for one heck of a sleeper combination.

This engine has been tested on my dyno at home, as well as on the dyno at UNOH in competition at the 2017 Engine Masters Challenge.  Horsepower numbers at both locations have been very similar at just over 550 horsepower.  The engine runs great, and the best power was recorded during the last couple of pulls - no observed issues of any sort.

This is your opportunity to own a strong street performance FE with a little bit of "history" thrown in.  The CNC heads and beehive springs add a bit of cost to the package, but since I ran it at EMC I will offer a significant discount on other items such as dyno and assembly labor as an offset.

Price is $13,000 plus whatever you choose for pan, distributor and carb
Open to rational offers...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:12:15 PM by Barry_R »

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
Re: EMC 390 for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:34:47 PM »
Props on the engine!
Was interesting to watch it live.
The engine components I got from you back in 2009
Will finally be used soon. '66 F100radio back in main Shop now. Finally!