Author Topic: Guns, Snakes and Cars.  (Read 1763 times)

james

Guns, Snakes and Cars.
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:13:14 AM »
Were any of you familar with this part of Carroll Shelby life? I just read it in my recent Handgunner magazine.  https://cobragunskin.us/

cammerfe

• View Profile
Re: Guns, Snakes and Cars.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 11:08:42 AM »
Shelby was well known as a hustler with little thought for anything beyond making a buck. He came from relatively humble beginnings, which probably colored his thinking. He was an excellent road-racing and Formula 1 driver, but was forced to retire due to a heart problem. He was known to be willing to license his name to most anything if it would make money for him.(He was known to have said that the tiddler engine in the 'GLH-S' Dodge cars with his name on them would soon take over as the most ubiquitous engine for performance cars'.)

The holster type shown is often called a 'Yaqui slide', and, if I remember correctly, came out of the group that loosely gathered around Jeff Cooper, practicing what developed as the way all users now handle handguns, shortly after the Second World War. (See 'Cooper on Handguns')

KS
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:35:30 AM by cammerfe »

FElony

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 11:14:41 AM »
Wow, good timing. I just bought a new M&P Shield for daily carry, but put off a holster purchase until I could decide exactly what I want. I had no idea there was a Shelby holster. Now I can match my polished silver key fob and money clip. What a sharp-dressed man I'll be! The chicks are gonna swoon when they see my snake. Or run for their lives. Whichever. Thanks for the heads up!

james

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 12:56:38 PM »
Wow, good timing. I just bought a new M&P Shield for daily carry, but put off a holster purchase until I could decide exactly what I want. I had no idea there was a Shelby holster. Now I can match my polished silver key fob and money clip. What a sharp-dressed man I'll be! The chicks are gonna swoon when they see my snake. Or run for their lives. Whichever. Thanks for the heads up!

I've got two M&P's, one a 40 and the other a 45 which is their compact carry. The 45 is relatively new and is ported at the muzzel and it has night sights. Btw, please follow safety rules and don't accidently shoot your snake?  :o
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:59:07 PM by james »

FElony

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »

I've got two M&P's, one a 40 and the other a 45 which is their compact carry. The 45 is relatively new and is ported at the muzzel and it has night sights. Btw, please follow safety rules and don't accidently shoot your snake?  :o

Mine has no safety so you can bet I'm not parking it at 12:00. I wanted something light for store/parking lot defense so I bought a 9 and loaded 115 grain Hornaday for short range. I don't know what the hell they are using for a mag spring but I couldn't get the last round into either one. Nasty.

I much prefer a small blade, as a reverse-grip trachea swipe provides much more entertainment whilst watching dufus wheeze, gasp, and twitch his way to hell. Bullets are so noisy, you know what I mean? Damn, now I'm getting all teary and sentimental.