Author Topic: Rotisserie for my Fairlane  (Read 1781 times)

MeanMofakee

Rotisserie for my Fairlane
« on: July 13, 2017, 05:18:53 PM »
Building a rotisserie to put my car on and have seen the mounts for the rear a couple of different ways. Ones that attach to the rear leaf spring mounts and ones that attach to the bumper mounts. The rear panel for the bumper mounts doesn't seem very strong to me but would be better for center of rotation. The leaf mounts seem a little beefier but down a little lower.It will be adjustable up and down just dont know what would work best. Suppose I could fab both, any opinion which works better.

chris401

Re: Rotisserie for my Fairlane
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 08:37:36 AM »
I am no help on mounting any particular car but I saved the noisy wheel bearing assembles from a Chevy. Plan on having vertical and horizontal axis. A couple of hand operated boat winches for the up and down. The theory is sound, we'll see about the execution......

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 03:39:18 PM »
I've seen a a lot of cars on rotisseries and had a couple of my own on them. Both were uni-body cars. I've never seen an issue of the bumper mounts not being strong enough, BUT, a stripped car being much lighter is the only way I'd do it. When I had my Mach on one, I used the same holes that the factory used, in the bottom of the rear frame rails, and the front bumper mount holes. If the mounts are made correctly, or at least adjustable, you can keep the center of rotation in an ideal place, which is definitely a good thing.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 04:38:56 PM »
I have made rotisseries for mustangs in the past for bumper holes
and if you think on the Fairlane you use a bumperjack so you
can lift a complete and vacation loaded car by the bumper
use big thick washers on the inside and there will be no problem

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it