Author Topic: Afret  (Read 2498 times)

e philpott

• View Profile
Afret
« on: June 02, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »
do you have any pictures you can post of your alternator mounting brackets with the electric pump ??

thanks, Eric

afret

Re: Afret
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 09:46:59 AM »
Used a low mount bracket from CRAP:

http://www-link.com/cgi-bin/odbic.exe/cybercity/scripts/index.html?clientno=1681.0

They have two versions of the bracket.  I used the one for a generator since I think they didn't have the alternator one at that time.  The brackets are pretty similar and the generator one comes with a bunch of extra parts that you don't need.

I had to cut the bracket and used a piece of metal to attach the two ends of the bracket and drilled a hole in that metal piece to use for a stud that goes into the lower passenger side water pump mounting hole.  It's that hex nut below and to the left of the 12 point cap screw in the top photo.  The timing pointer bolt hole is used for the other attachment point.  Just needed to get a couple of aluminum spacers to get the bracket located in the right spot to get the fan belt even with the crank pulley.

We've done a couple other cars using the Ford bracket using the same mounting holes but I don't have any photos of those now.   Can get some next weekend if it will help.

e philpott

• View Profile
Re: Afret
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »
thank you very much ... the picts provided  is good enough .... I was thinking the same way so should be good