Author Topic: Great day at the FE Reunion!  (Read 9068 times)

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Great day at the FE Reunion!
« on: April 28, 2017, 08:48:58 PM »
Weather was perfect, and it was great to see a track filled with nothing but FE performance!  This event is all that it is cracked up to be.  I had planned to walk around and take a bunch of pictures to post, but basically had no time to do it; I spent most of the day at my display, talking to all the FE faithful.  Got to meet a whole bunch of people who I've known online for quite some time but never met in person, which was really cool.  Beaver Bob is a heck of a nice guy and hosts an excellent event.  Can't wait for tomorrow.  Put this event on your calendar, guys, it is well worth the drive (even the 17 hours it took Kevin and I to get here...)
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
Re: Great day at the FE Reunion!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »
Well, that would be about 40 hours for me, so I'll have to live vicariously through your reports. Your reports, pictures, and videos are much appreciated.
1969 F100 4WD (It ain't yellow anymore)
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »
You picked a great first year to go, great weather! It's definitely a 'bucket list', but like Drag Week, it's addictive! It's literally FE heaven. What a great time. It's my 3rd time going and I love meeting more people each year. And I made it 3 rounds and broke out by going 2 1/2 tenths faster than I've gone before. A great way to lose if you have to lose  ;D
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some videos posted.
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
70 Cougar XR-7 conv 351c 4v FMX
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar Sunroof Eliminator 351w FMX
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
64 Montclair Marauder 390 Merc-O
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
58 Parklane 430 MultiDrive
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6
58 Parklane 430 MultiDrive
70 Cougar Eliminator 351c 4 speed
I don't feel like a hoarder.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 07:55:39 PM »
Glad you did so well Doug and it was very nice to meet you although quickly. The pertronix ignitor in my distributor took a dump and Doud was offering me a distributor he had brought with him although not what I had it was the thought that counted, I mean I only met him for two minutes, just a little taste of the helpfulness and the comradely of the people that I had meet.

sixty9cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »
Had a great time at the Reunion nice to finally meet Jay. I had my issues all day, I kicked a rod or something in the Bird run its knocking bad. Pulled the valve covers in the trailer all looks good there. We will see what the next motor is. This one was down on power from the get go. It hung in there for 8 yrs.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 11:58:55 AM »
Good to see everyone.  Glad to meet you Joe, thanks for stopping by the trailer.  The weather was PURRFECT(compare to the rain/snow/sleet of previous years).

I won the Bird race against Don Fotti.  Just a bit of luck.  I was having a horrible time finding my spot on the tree.  I was just going -.02 too often.  I finally took 3# of air out of the front tires and added 3/4 turn of the clutch linkage and it helped.  Not enough for second round of HOT FE.  I went -.008. 

It took some tuning and adjustments to get ahold of the track also.  But in the end I was getting some pretty good air.  I'm waiting on pics and videos to be posted.
Larry

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »
Thanks Larry it was my pleasure glad you did well. It was a pleasure to meet you too. Get those carbs together.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 12:42:50 PM »
Harry I hope everything works out all right it was nice to meet you. You have a nice car

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 08:06:27 PM »
Dang, Harry, that sucks. Hopefully there's no damage to anything other than a bearing. That may explain why you were running slower than last year. I hope you can get something together in time for next year.

And Joe, I was just raised that way. I had a box full of spare parts, but figures I didn't have the right one to help you >:(  I could tell you were bummed and hated to see the weekend end for you that way.

And Larry's being a bit modest. He kept making adjustments until he got his car where it needed to be. Where Larry was pretty consistently running within a couple hundreths (he ran back to back .11's), I, on the other hand, never had 2 runs that were closer than a tenth of each other, then ran .25 faster on my final run...LOL
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

ec164

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 10:15:52 PM »
Well this was my 3rd visit at the Beaver also, was a pleasure meeting Jay Thurs. night at Motel parking lot with a great bunch of other gentlemen, and again briefly Fri and Sat., was glad to see the people at Jays booth every-time I went by. Was nice meeting Kevin and Doug and his bride as well, had a nice visit Doug, and your glasses give you a totally professor look...lol
Got to talk to Larry too, and was pleasured to see the wagon going back up for so many rounds. Harry so sorry for your issues hope it works out for you, glad we got to chat often 3 days in a row, was a pleasure. I was also happy to get my car shook down some and make quick 8, lost first round, but one adjustment got me 3 tenths and know I have much more to find. Hope to see some photos and video myself as I was attending and answering questions at my car most of the time. This is a great site and enjoy all the reading as I'm not a big talker online.......Al
You're ahead in a Mercury......all the way

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 11:44:46 PM »
It was a letdown and I maybe should have stayed to hang out with you guys but I just figured the responsible thing to do would be getting kids back to work and I saved 145.00 dollars bringing truck back early,still wouldn't change a thing about meeting all the guys

hvywrench

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 05:00:18 AM »
Hope to see some photos and video myself as I was attending and answering questions at my car most of the time. This is a great site and enjoy all the reading as I'm not a big talker online.......Al

ec164 - Which car is your's? I'll look to see if I have decent footage of it as I sort out the video clips and organize them. If both cars in the shot have a clean run I will try to use the clip. (Sorry that I don't know everyone and their cars!) I think I have an idea, but want to make sure.
Bill

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 07:25:19 AM »
Bill, Als' car was the SUPER clean tubbed '64 Comet with red interior.

Here's a couple of short videos of it...

https://youtu.be/eCJz2vYXRtg

https://youtu.be/IObUycDSO4w
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

hvywrench

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 07:37:37 AM »
Ahhh, got it. I was thinking it was either the red one or that white one.
I'm sure that I have decent video of it making passes.
And after looking through the facebook link that Doug posted, I believe I swapped pleasantries with this gentleman Sunday morning at the Comfort Inn while checking out.
Dark 'Kuntz & Co' t-shirt?
That would make 6 people that I now can put a face to the name! On a roll!
Thanks Doug, nice to visit with you and Trish for a bit. Glad that the old farm truck make the round trip!
Bill