Author Topic: Jays new block  (Read 20896 times)

FElony

Re: Jays new block
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2017, 11:12:19 PM »
I'll wait for a prototype so I can channel the spirits accordingly. However, if you do not plan to inscribe said name (pending approval) into said item like someone else I know, then tell me know so I don't have a tizzy over it. I watched my personal name and a killer tag line vaporize through lack of follow-up promotion. Not doing that again.

Your spirit guide is a weasel.  A funny weasel, but still a weasel......

C'mon, I've mentioned several times that my spirit guide is a toad named Shaman who lives in my back yard, which is located on Indian burial grounds. Try to keep up. There are many wise spirits here. With a little (or a lot of) peyote we can get quite the jam session going. Trust me, you can't just make this stuff up.

JBX Heads is the best name I've seen here, in my opinion.  No, not "amazingly creative".  Still, it sounds cool, has the right references to the creator and the intent, and it's easy to remember and say.

JMO,

paulie

I'm telling you, peyote will help with that senility problem. I'll send you some; you'll see.

I have to admit that the name for the heads is the last thing on my list to think about.  Been spending a bunch of time thinking about the ports and the water jackets.  In the paraphrased words of Carroll Shelby, "Let's call it the GT-350.  If the car is good, the name won't matter.  And if the car isn't good, the name won't matter..."

Been hanging around with Kenneth, what with that 60's relevance to today stuff? Because, performance guys back then would have been mucho impressed driving around in an Elantra or Accord. Of course, there was the Camaro. Whoever came up with that was obviously on Owsley Purple.

Look, I get it. Whatever you call it, make sure it flows enough to use this BBM doorstop intake I bought in October and have yet to open its box. Good luck with your endeavor.

plovett

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2017, 08:42:15 AM »
I'll wait for a prototype so I can channel the spirits accordingly. However, if you do not plan to inscribe said name (pending approval) into said item like someone else I know, then tell me know so I don't have a tizzy over it. I watched my personal name and a killer tag line vaporize through lack of follow-up promotion. Not doing that again.

Your spirit guide is a weasel.  A funny weasel, but still a weasel......

C'mon, I've mentioned several times that my spirit guide is a toad named Shaman who lives in my back yard, which is located on Indian burial grounds. Try to keep up. There are many wise spirits here. With a little (or a lot of) peyote we can get quite the jam session going. Trust me, you can't just make this stuff up.

JBX Heads is the best name I've seen here, in my opinion.  No, not "amazingly creative".  Still, it sounds cool, has the right references to the creator and the intent, and it's easy to remember and say.

JMO,

paulie

I'm telling you, peyote will help with that senility problem. I'll send you some; you'll see.

I have to admit that the name for the heads is the last thing on my list to think about.  Been spending a bunch of time thinking about the ports and the water jackets.  In the paraphrased words of Carroll Shelby, "Let's call it the GT-350.  If the car is good, the name won't matter.  And if the car isn't good, the name won't matter..."

Been hanging around with Kenneth, what with that 60's relevance to today stuff? Because, performance guys back then would have been mucho impressed driving around in an Elantra or Accord. Of course, there was the Camaro. Whoever came up with that was obviously on Owsley Purple.

Look, I get it. Whatever you call it, make sure it flows enough to use this BBM doorstop intake I bought in October and have yet to open its box. Good luck with your endeavor.

I think you and Kenneth would agree that benzadrine would be better than peyote for my memory issues. 

I'm just super-glad that we're talking about cylinder heads which are the heart and soul of any internal combustion engine.  It's all about moving air and harvesting as much of the increasing entropy that you can.  In the end we'll all be just a sea of energy and sub-atomic particles.  So let's ride this wave until it hits the beach.  Yeah, I know, I can move some serious air myself.  wah....wah....waaaaaah......

Be thankful that your spirit guide isn't a hamster with gender identification issues.   I'm doing the best I can....

Go get 'em, Jay!

MeanGene

• View Profile
Name
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2017, 09:02:40 AM »
I'm thinking either T-Rex or simply Dino Power heads- the FE is of course the old dinosaur engine- proudly by its fans, derisively by the Chebbrainwashed. Love the idea of a T-Rex that will bite your Chebbie on the ass  ;D Would also make for a great logo opportunity on the end of the head

XR7

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2017, 10:52:37 AM »
I actually like the JBX, other possibles could be FEX or FE-XE or JB-XE as the "cool" parts from back in the day had XE on them before they had an actual part number, usually associated with experimental race parts from FORD before production runs. Also you see a lot of ROX and LSX ect. not that I give two shits about those heads. Howeever, they do have some badd boys in that line that put anything we currently have available, sad but true.

A few others could be FE-R for (race..ha ha, or R code) or JB-R. Keep them coming, something may catch Jay's eye.

Someone mentioned the expense on having to buy specific rockers and intakes to go with these heads. No big deal as that is how it always is. like if you had a normal 460, versus "A" heads, and "C" heads, all three take specific rockers and intakes to match up with the heads. Look at all the different Chevy head variants, lots of different specific combos, although some series can use the same manifold etc.
68 Cougar XR7 GT street legal, 9.47@144.53, 3603# at the line, 487 HR center oiler, single carb, Jerico 4 speed, 10.5 tires, stock(er) suspension, all steel full interior

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2017, 10:56:06 AM »
To MeanGene---

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;)

KS

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2017, 11:15:06 AM »

Meh mescaline is so 1960's..... Plus most of it comes from Trichocereus these days and not Lophophoras.  it's 2017, move up to 4 acetoxy dimethyltryptamine already.
Quicker up, quicker down, 4 hours instead of 14.....  who has the time for all day adventures?

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2017, 04:24:19 PM »
Drew---

Excellent answer. And by the way, the year-and-a-day one just thinks he talks to me. I believe that's what peyote does to you!

KS

FElony

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2017, 07:24:50 PM »

Meh mescaline is so 1960's..... Plus most of it comes from Trichocereus these days and not Lophophoras.  it's 2017, move up to 4 acetoxy dimethyltryptamine already.
Quicker up, quicker down, 4 hours instead of 14.....  who has the time for all day adventures?

All day is where it's at, man. None of that fake stuff for me. Local water company changed irrigation plans for some of the farms a couple years ago, and did something to the water table around here. Now half the neighborhood has lophy cacti patches on their properties, and most don't even know what it is. The older folks next door pulled up some, and I had to rescue them from the trash can in the middle of the night. Put some used cat litter in instead. Fair trade.

So I'm trying to wedge myself into this slot car so I can go on a really fast ride. Got my leg in so far. Should be a total gas, man. Far out.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Name
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »
I'm thinking either T-Rex or simply Dino Power heads- the FE is of course the old dinosaur engine- proudly by its fans, derisively by the Chebbrainwashed. Love the idea of a T-Rex that will bite your Chebbie on the ass  ;D Would also make for a great logo opportunity on the end of the head

I thought of calling them T-Rex heads, and in fact I suggested that to Barry R for his heads when he was starting out with them.  For some reason he selected a different name.  Some internet suggestion or something... ;D ;D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

FElony

Re: Name
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »

I thought of calling them T-Rex heads, and in fact I suggested that to Barry R for his heads when he was starting out with them.  For some reason he selected a different name.  Some internet suggestion or something... ;D ;D

Well, he has had a darn good run with the Prison Break name, and it tied into the rest pretty well, I thought. Remember the tag line? "FElony heads: Conspiracy to commit horsepower!"  Oh, the sheer brilliance that is me.

Still got the chicken coop? How about "BrukBrukBruk Heads: Race at the top of the pecking order!" Perfect, huh? You don't want to lay an egg by ignoring this gem. However, if you want to cluck me over on this, so be it. Won't ruffle my feathers.

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2017, 01:14:25 PM »
VelociFE..........VelociRaptor
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

57 lima bean

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2017, 05:20:52 PM »
FE-LIX Design.....was going to add "High Swirl" but that's too Y blockish.