Author Topic: Timing cover install/balancer spacer  (Read 1614 times)

ChiefDanGeorge

• View Profile
Timing cover install/balancer spacer
« on: March 07, 2017, 07:32:00 PM »
I'm test fitting the timing cover(seal installed) and spacer and am unsure if I have the correct spacer. Which part of the spacer should be at the seal? Mine is on the smaller diameter part of the spacer, that doesn't seem like it would seal well, I thought it would go up to the transition(where it goes from the smaller diameter, transition, then larger diameter) on the spacer. I've got the Ford racing full roller timing setup so I am wondering it that gear is wider causing the spacer not to seat where it should.

Also, is there a diagram showing which bolt holes should get sealant?

Hopefully this makes a little sense, I just could not find any good diagrams on this step.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
Re: Timing cover install/balancer spacer
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 09:04:58 PM »
Smaller diameter goes into the seal.

A dab of Teflon paste will work nicely on most of the timing cover bolts - All the top ones go into oil (valley), and some of the ones alongside the water pump go into water.  I have seen others where even a couple of the lower bolts get "wet" so I got into the habit of pasting them all just for confidence sake.

ChiefDanGeorge

• View Profile
Re: Timing cover install/balancer spacer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 05:58:35 AM »
Good deal, thanks for the reply!
Smaller diameter goes into the seal.

A dab of Teflon paste will work nicely on most of the timing cover bolts - All the top ones go into oil (valley), and some of the ones alongside the water pump go into water.  I have seen others where even a couple of the lower bolts get "wet" so I got into the habit of pasting them all just for confidence sake.