Author Topic: WIP 1967 Fairlane Wagon.  (Read 23743 times)

turbohunter

• View Profile
Re: WIP 1967 Fairlane Wagon.
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2017, 12:19:08 PM »
Can't wait to see how the roller suspension works.
The fry baskets are awesome BTW.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:30 AM »
Thanks, Marc.  Ordered the baskets right off the internet from a big restaurant supply place. Some may laugh, but they work perfect for what I wanted.  The rear one ran into a height issue, but I will fix it!
"That guy has got a pocket full of money and a watch full of time!"   Hubert Platt.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »
They wont be laughing when they read "aloha" on the gate. ;)
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
Thanks, Marc.  Ordered the baskets right off the internet from a big restaurant supply place. Some may laugh, but they work perfect for what I wanted.  The rear one ran into a height issue, but I will fix it!
i used a single basket on my 428 about a year ago.it must be more common than i thought.all i had to do was cut off the handle.and it fit good
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2017, 09:53:44 AM »
Finally got the car out on the track. Not my video and Warning! There are other makes and models, but this is the Nostalgia Class I am trying to run. You have to hang out to about the 2.40 minute mark to see "Paradise Road," but turn up the volume. It is a cool video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_vcChGup3s

So now, with 8 passes under my belt, it looks like I will have to put a roll bar in it. I honestly did not think it would E.T. as well as it did. Does anyone have any tips and tricks for installing a roll bar kit? Got one on order from S&W. Gonna try to get it in the car by the next race.   More to come....
"That guy has got a pocket full of money and a watch full of time!"   Hubert Platt.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2017, 11:59:56 AM »
Finally got the car out on the track. ...

So now, with 8 passes under my belt, it looks like I will have to put a roll bar in it. I honestly did not think it would E.T. as well as it did. Does anyone have any tips and tricks for installing a roll bar kit? Got one on order from S&W. Gonna try to get it in the car by the next race.   More to come....

Sorry about that ET deal.  Did not mean for that to happen  ;D

57 lima bean

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2017, 12:53:08 PM »
LOL........Sad when to much power is delivered.The wagon looked great!!!.The one from Mn.should be out of the booth soon.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2017, 01:08:59 PM »
Nice going, Mike! Looks like everything was working smooth. Did you have to make any adjustments to the CalTracs, or did you get lucky, because it looked to launch real straight and smooth? Did they force you to stop racing because of the ET?

Congrats on a successful outing, and a really cool car! Can't wait to see it at the FE R&R next year.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2017, 09:21:46 PM »
I have not tinkered or fine tuned anything yet. Still getting used to the car, but everything seems to be working well. I have not touched the Cal Tracs since the day I put them on.  Top pin is just touching the leaf spring.

I entered 2 classes the day of the video just to get some seat time.  I was backing off on the big end in the beginning because I did not want to get tossed before I got some passes in. The last couple passes, I stayed in it!

Mike

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2017, 09:28:22 PM »
Finally got the car out on the track. ...

Sorry about that ET deal.  Did not mean for that to happen  ;D

Not complaining, Barry. The car is doing just what I wanted it to do!

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2017, 06:35:08 AM »
Congrats Mike, that thing is cool as hell.
Lotta nice cars around your neck of the woods.
Love that your setup was so good that you didn't have to monkey with to much.
Congrats on that.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2017, 10:36:17 PM »
Thanks, Marc.  Hope to see some video of your Fairlane when it is done.  We do have a good group of Nostalgia type race cars in our area, which is what I enjoy the most.

Mike

70cj428

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2017, 11:17:03 PM »
Since Mike is pretty busy and I just rediscovered my password here I figured I'd post an update on his build..... (Hope I don't piss him off  ;D )

Mike was hoping for 11:50's , first time out at maple grove the car ran 10.95, took car home and put a rollbar and good belts in, Next time out car ran 10.98 @119 before blowing a head gasket between 5 and 6  :( , pulled it apart and reassembled it with Cometics, and was rewarded with a 10.84 @119 at MIR last weekend. Car hooks great and consistently pulls an 18-24" wheelstands. Not bad for a 3400 lb wagon running ported C6AE-R iron heads.

Mike should be proud as he put a ton of time and effort into this car ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91LWi5xfhFE
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:54:43 PM by 70cj428 »

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2017, 06:50:48 AM »
I have not tinkered or fine tuned anything yet. Still getting used to the car, but everything seems to be working well. I have not touched the Cal Tracs since the day I put them on.  Top pin is just touching the leaf spring.

I entered 2 classes the day of the video just to get some seat time.  I was backing off on the big end in the beginning because I did not want to get tossed before I got some passes in. The last couple passes, I stayed in it!

Mike

Good that you didn't fool with the Cal-Tracs! That car hooks!
Bob Maag

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2018, 03:51:23 PM »
Thanks to my Friend, "Spence", who helps me immensely with the car for posting the pic from MIR. Post all you want, John. Now that the Holidays are on their way out, I figured I would pick up this thread with some updates I need to do over the Winter. Experimenting with some pictures first off. Not my pics

Next to last race in 2017. Went 10.76 @ 120 mph, at Atco in great air.

From Cecil County, the last time I had the car out in 2017. MPH and ET were off, but the weather was overcast and it actually started to
drizzle as we left the track.

Another from Cecil County.