Author Topic: WIP 1967 Fairlane Wagon.  (Read 23745 times)

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
Re: WIP 1967 Fairlane Wagon.
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2017, 11:29:43 PM »
Got the line lock plumbed in, just have to wire it up. That's all for now, but getting closer.

"That guy has got a pocket full of money and a watch full of time!"   Hubert Platt.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 09:19:32 PM »
Wiring is pretty much all done and working good.  Just have to attach one switch panel to the instrument cluster, which is still out of the car. Happy with how it came out.

"That guy has got a pocket full of money and a watch full of time!"   Hubert Platt.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 09:40:47 PM »
Finally put some tires back on the car to see how the stance looked. This is the third set of springs I have had in the car wrestling with how the car sits. Stock set of Moogs did the trick. Did the Shelby drop on the front suspension, but put a small spacer back in on top of the spring.  The tires I hope to ultimately use on the car are a little taller then these. so the should fill up the fender well good.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 09:57:44 PM »
Got the cooling fan tucked in behind the grill nice and neat.  Had to trim the center grill support a bunch, but it is still bolted in the car to hold the grill.  The fan is a Derale, and moves some air. I made up little brackets for the top and bottom so the fan could be free standing and not mounted directly to the radiator.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »
It has been a while, still working on the car. Got some of its War Paint the other day.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2017, 11:31:29 AM »
Steve, the painter, came back the following weekend to add some highlights that really set off the lettering well.

fastback 427

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 12:45:24 PM »
Very very nice....
Jaime
67 fastback 427 center oiler 428 crank Dove aluminum
top end toploader
67 fairlane gta cross bolted 12:1 390 Dove aluminum top end c6 3600 stall
65 falcon straight axle project
67 mustang coupe project
76 f350 dually 390 mirror 105 4bbl 4spd
74 f100 xlt 390 c6 factory ac

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2017, 08:30:39 PM »
Very nice indeed! "Paradise Road", and a reference to my favorite movie..."You got the bitchinest car in the valley"  :)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2017, 10:06:59 AM »
You got it, Doug! I am glad someone gets the reference right off the bat. A lot of younger guys don't get it.

Mike

57 lima bean

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »
Are you keeping the Cragar wheels up front and steels on the back?Cool retro look if so.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2017, 11:34:59 AM »
Yep. Took the Cragars off my hardtop and will keep them on the Wagon, along with the black steelies in the rear. Will run it like this for now.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »
I installed the dash, column, and seats the other night. All went together pretty straight forward. Just have the steering wheel left to install and will get it permanently installed when the car gets aligned.  Switch panel came out good, and I like the location.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 12:20:40 PM »
I have spent a lot of time messing with the fitting of the take off Crites hood. On the car, off the car, on the car, file/sand something and then back on the car. Did it a lot when installing the hood pins. Now doing more because of the carb heat shields and spacers.  Had the hood fitting good, but take away 3/4 inch of hood clearance and all hell breaks loose.  Been doing a lot of trimming. And will have to modify my 2nd carbs air screen, but I think I finally have a combination that will work.

Yep! Deep fryer cooking baskets with the handles cut off.....

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 12:34:19 PM »
Trimmed up the front bumper brackets a little. Actually, they came from a friends' 67 Fairlane race car and were cut short so that the splash pan between the bumper and grill was eliminated, and the bumper mounted much closer to the grill.  I wanted to keep the  splash pan, so I welded some tabs back onto the shortened brackets. Just have to drill some new holes, and I should be good.  Trying to keep the car period correct with most of its' original body parts. No need to cut up my original brackets, since I have the others.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 12:35:39 PM »
So, the next big hurdle will be finding a free weekend to get the car aligned at a friend of a friends' repair shop. Just not enough days in the week.  There are some neat pieces in the front suspension that I hope will work good to transfer some weight on launch.  Roller bearings in the spring perches, along with the Shelby Drop of the upper control arms.  Eccentric eliminator kits in the lower control arms and Calvert drag shocks.  Upper control arms are well greased and more very freely, and Global West adjustable strut rods to help eliminate the bind you can get with the factory rubber bushings.  Hopefully, it all works together. It is about all I can think of. 

Just waiting on the alignment, throw the interior back in the car, some more weight reduction, apply some decals and some other odds and ends, then maybe start making some test passes.  Getting closer.