Author Topic: WIP 1967 Fairlane Wagon.  (Read 23747 times)

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
Re: WIP 1967 Fairlane Wagon.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 10:07:57 PM »
Started on my electrical panel and got some things laid out and secured to it. Still have a few things to add, but I think it will work out well.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:41:56 AM by Cobrajet2 »
"That guy has got a pocket full of money and a watch full of time!"   Hubert Platt.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 10:25:11 PM »
Another Fairlane Racer had a nice factory black steering wheel left over from his build that I was able to purchase. Gonna  run the line lock wiring down through the horn contacts. Made up a little bracket with a button, and it seems good.  Has a good bite on the wheel spoke and should not move around. Using a Falcon horn button instead of the Fairlane horn ring. I think it is a little bit cleaner looking and lends itself to basic functionality for a race car, even though it is not correct for a Fairlane. I have a couple Falcon chrome centers, so drilling a hole in my worst one was not a big deal.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:45:46 AM by Cobrajet2 »
"That guy has got a pocket full of money and a watch full of time!"   Hubert Platt.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:16 PM »
So here is a picture of where I left off when I posted the first pictures and started this thread. I does not look like much has changed, but the battery box is painted and bolted in, the battery cables are made up and run, there are fuel lines poking through the cargo well and the fuel pump is bolted in and a couple lines run to it. I could have put the fuel cell in, it is ready to go, but I know as soon as I do that, the tank will be in the way of something and I will have to pull it back out. So I am saving that or last. More updates to come, but I feel I am running out of time for the end of April.  Mike

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:43:58 AM by Cobrajet2 »

57 lima bean

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
I'm sure you know of this wagon.I think its the same car seen at Columbus in the mid 80's.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 09:37:58 PM »
Yep!  Here it is in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TMSu9peyBQ

Mike

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 09:50:02 PM »

Well, I got the new Lexan windshield in, and it looks good. Ended up using a combination of the black snot and some screws. The windshield was not "preformed" enough, and I had to use some tapered screws on the "A" pillars to pull the sides tight against the window frame. I got a good seal. The windshield looks foggy because I still have the protective coating on it. My first time working with the Lexan, and it was not bad at all. looking forward to a nice, clear windscreen.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:49:43 AM by Cobrajet2 »

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 09:55:39 PM »
I fabbed up a tach mount, and I like where it sits. Hopefully, it does not bounce around too much. If so, I will make up an extra brace.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:51:15 AM by Cobrajet2 »

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »
Electrical panel is in for the most part. Have to start running the wires. Car will probably not make it to the FE Race. I am just too far behind.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:53:28 AM by Cobrajet2 »

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 10:10:14 PM »
Couple shots of my fuel lines and regulator in the engine bay. Almost all finished here except for the fuel pressure gauge mounted on the cowl. Have the gauge mounted, just waiting on some more fittings from Summit. Seems I always need one more fitting! Still plugging away at this project, just gonna be out a little later than I had hoped. Don't want to rush it, though.  Mike

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:56:44 AM by Cobrajet2 »

57 lima bean

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 11:37:04 AM »
Hey Mike...You may find it interesting that this car is coming back with the trick old paint.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:57:06 PM by 57 lima bean »

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 07:11:15 PM »
Hey Mr. Lima Bean,
That is cool news the hear, that the paint will be redone on that old Wagon. I had heard that Cook Racing sold it, but don't know who the new owner is.  Hopefully, it will make it out to a few events for people to check out after it is done.  Neat car, and I guess it has been a race car most of its life!

Mike

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2017, 10:32:19 PM »

I didn't get the Wagon done for the FERR. Just ran out of time.  Went to the show and had a great time just watching and hanging out. Back working on the car, and here are some updates. Got my cowl mounted fuel pressure gauge installed, and it came out good.  Had to order more fittings to make it fit right.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2017, 10:51:27 PM »
Finally got everything installed in the cargo area. Mounted the fuel cell and got all the lines hooked up.  Should be done, for the most part, back here. Fuel system is done.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2017, 11:05:19 PM »
Got the lower bars of the Caltracs installed.  I have had these bars for this car for years. I actually went to install them on the Friday of the FERR and the bars I had all these years were wrong. Bars were too long and I could not get them installed. Made a call to Calvert and they said it can happen (that they send out the wrong length bar).  The fellow at Calvert said he would send out another set, and they arrived exactly when he said they would. I just have to send the old ones back, which I will. Good company to deal with.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2017, 11:24:37 PM »
I never had the coil mounted in a spot that I was happy with. It is a Blaster coil painted black and should be bolted on the front of the left side head, but I have so much other stuff mounted over there, it would look way too congested. So, I switched the alternator mount to a low version, and made up a bracket to mount the coil in front of the R/side cylinder head since there was some space there.