Author Topic: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ... The FE Race & Reunion is Celebrating 5 Years  (Read 7746 times)

fairlaniac

• View Profile
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
 fe@fairlanet.com

The FE Race & Reunion is Celebrating 5 Years

The FE Race & Reunion (FERR) has something for every fan of the Ford FE engine as it showcases the finest all FE classic, collector, vintage automobiles and all FE drag racing this April 28-29, 2017

(Beaver Springs, PA) –

When “Beaver” Bob McCardle opens the gates on April 28th to his world famous Beaver Springs Dragway www.beaversprings.com rolling in will be the largest gathering of Ford FE powered vehicles anywhere in the world. The Ford FE engine had been in production from 1958 through 1976. Engine sizes from 332 cubic inches through 428 cubic inches have found their way from the factory in many cars and pickup trucks during that era. These days you’ll find these engines stroked to over 500 cubic inches and found in anything with wheels. You’ll also find Ford racing celebrities who were pioneers on the racetracks across America in the 1960’s & 70’s. Spectators will have a unique and unparalleled opportunity to meet and talk with the racing legends at a social gathering at the track on April 28. Fans will also have the opportunity to see some of the finest and rarest FE powered vehicles that car aficionados have prized over the years.

ABOUT THE ALL FE DRAG RACING

Test & Tune on Friday, racing & eliminations on Saturday

Pro FE: Sponsored by Survival Motorsports www.survivalmotorsports.com will be the Pro FE class. Pro FE will be the eight quickest FE powered vehicles taking time shots on the Beaver Springs quarter mile drag strip. Eliminations will be run to determine the Pro FE champ.

Hot FE: Hot FE will be vehicles that run an 11.99 ET or quicker and includes the first round loser of Pro FE. Eliminations will be run to determine the Hot FE champ.

Cool FE: Cool FE will be all vehicles that run a 12.00 ET or slower. Eliminations will be run to determine the Cool FE champ.

NEW - Cobra Jet Shootout: Sponsored by Dan Woods. Any factory produced 428 Cobra Jet powered car may enter this special eliminations race to determine who will be the Cobra Jet champ.

Bird Race: This is compared to a Gambler’s race where anyone can pay $10 and run for a special hand crafted FE Bird plaque.

Race fees: Friday $25 TnT, Saturday $40 racing.

ABOUT THE ALL FE AUTO SHOW
 Open to all FE powered vehicles including a Diamond in the Rough (DITR) class for the best unfinished FE project vehicle. Awards include “Beaver” Bob’s pick, promoter’s pick, Randy DeLisio’s pick, Best of Show, Top 10 and DITR. Fee to enter car show $15 (includes driver). All show vehicles will get an opportunity to take one pass down the quarter mile and receive a time slip.

HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
 VIP $100 Sponsorship*: For $100 anyone can support the FERR. VIP Sponsors will receive two general admission event tickets, one for each day, two t-shirt vouchers, event decals and $10 Beaver Bucks to use at the concession stands. You’ll also get your name or business announced over the PA system throughout the day.

* Racers that do the VIP $100 will receive $20 towards their racing fee instead of admission tickets.

Just send your $100 check and a note to:
 Beaver Springs Dragway
 109 Race Track Lane
 Beaver Springs, PA 17812

Spectator/crew admission: $10 (Friday), $15 (Saturday)

www.fairlanet.com
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
Re: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ... The FE Race & Reunion is Celebrating 5 Years
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:56:55 AM »
Well I'd love to be there but it would be about 370 gallons of fuel, 24 stops to fill up, and I think I'd run about an 18 second quarter.
1969 F100 4WD (It ain't yellow anymore)
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:57:30 PM »
I'm looking forward to my first FE Reunion this year!  Thanks Doug for putting on such a great event.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

BigBlockFE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 10:05:21 PM »
Sounds awesome

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 12:52:59 AM »
I'm looking forward to my first FE Reunion this year!  Thanks Doug for putting on such a great event.

That'd be great to see your car there. Hoping for some decent weather this time....and some traction.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 10:21:58 AM »
 I am also looking forward to my first FE reunion. What is the time that you need a roll bar (11.49).
I have only run my car in eighth mile

FElony

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 12:40:22 PM »
...NEW - Cobra Jet Shootout: Sponsored by Dan Woods. Any factory produced 428 Cobra Jet powered car may enter this special eliminations race to determine who will be the Cobra Jet champ...

www.fairlanet.com

This will be some NHRA SS car, which is fine and all. Love to see a CJ class for all stock equipment, where assembly and tuning talents make the difference.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »
Glad to hear you are coming Jay. 

I have new tires coming, so I should be back on track for traction(unlike last year).  Though I found out that swapping sides is what screwed me up last spring.  Once I put them back the car went back to leaving straight.

Doing some dress work on the Mack this winter, but I have initial plans on coming to FERR.  Come rain, sleet, snow or dead of night.....(that covers most of the things you see racing in April).....LOL!
Larry

sixty9cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 06:09:45 AM »
Sounds good hope to be there myself and continue my driving lessons. This year I will in Hot FE 11.99 and faster.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:12:03 AM by sixty9cobra »

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 06:18:14 AM »
I`ll be there I not bringing my car this yr after the fuel pump issue last yr. I am bringing the tunnel port tunnel ram adapter to show off. I`m just going to watch and campout this yr.

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 10:34:51 AM »
Wish they would move the date back into May so the weather might warm up some.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 11:34:09 AM »

Meh, just move the whole thing south 800 miles.....

fairlaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 08:26:48 PM »

The track already has numerous events with established weekends. Besides, our first show was on 4/27 and this year it starts on 4/28 and next year again it will be 4/27 so we almost have to have the FERR near those dates :-)
Doug Bender
1966 Fairlane 427+/5 Spd TKX

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 02:31:59 PM »
Can swap meet space be paid for at time of event or does it have to be paid for in advance?
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

stroked67

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 06:06:55 PM »
Guess i shouldve checked this post before i posted mine! Duh!!