Author Topic: Jay's FE Intake Adaptor and HR Heads  (Read 2583 times)

garyv

• View Profile
Jay's FE Intake Adaptor and HR Heads
« on: November 24, 2016, 08:16:56 AM »
Curious if anyone has used Jay's FE intake adaptor on a set of HR heads yet. If so I'd like to
know how it worked out. What intake did you use, 351C Torker, Yates style?
I have a set of HR heads but no intake and was thinking this might be a good route to go rather than chasing some
of these pricey HR intakes.
If no one has done this I just might be the first. ;D

garyv

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Jay's FE Intake Adaptor and HR Heads
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 10:04:50 AM »
Jim G and Thor P (XR7 on this site) have used them.  I have done some custom machining on the high riser intake adapters for those guys, so that they could use them with a custom sheet metal intake on a full-out race motor.  Jim's engine made over 1000 HP on the dyno; picture below:

Here's a couple of pictures of another one that I recently sold, to a guy who wanted to use a 351C tunnel ram on his high riser engine.  I don't know if he has it installed  or has run it yet.  The second picture shows the intake adapter in my shop, with my tunnel ram and carbs on it.  Note that in order to use the 351C intake on the high riser you need the port plates to space the 351C intake up a little bit, to keep the ports lined up.  You can see the port plates in the first picture:

Based on how it did on the medium riser engines that I've dynoed, I think that tunnel ram should make a lot of power on the high risers too.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

garyv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
I have most everything I need to build a HR engine and was thinking along the lines
of a single 4 intake. Would be using a vintage sideoiler block so I'm not looking at building anything to
radical. This will end up in most likely in some kind of street machine like a 50's pickup.
I was hoping someone had done a single 4 build to how it turned out.
I like this old iron. ;D 
garyv

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 01:01:32 PM »
That's similar to what I want to do with my Dove high risers and Kinsler 351C 2-5/8 sprint car injectors

c6rod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 01:35:50 PM »
The intake adapter and the other adapter plates are a beautiful piece of casting and machining. I don't know how much it costs but whatever it is it is worth it for those needing to use the newer intakes .