Author Topic: BBM blocks  (Read 24854 times)

mmason

• View Profile
BBM blocks
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:39:31 PM »
According to their BBM website, the aluminum blocks will be coming in January and the cast blocks will be coming soon.
Michael Mason

turbohunter

• View Profile
Re: BBM blocks
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:14:09 PM »
I just talked to Doug and that's what he's told me.
He also said the demand is serious so if you want/need one call him.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 04:59:34 PM »
'Casting' is a process of pouring a liquid into a mold and, in the case of hot metals, letting it cool and solidify. Either an aluminum or iron block would be 'cast'.   ;)

KS

mmason

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 06:51:06 PM »
Yes, I saw my mistake earlier but did not correct it because I figured you would know what I meant.
Michael Mason

4twennyAint

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 11:34:59 PM »
Yep.  I was suddenly confused, and briefly had hopes for a cast, titanium block.  Lets go billet steel for Christmas.
1969 Torino Cobra, SCJ 4.30, 4spd under restoration
1964 Fairlane, 428, 4spd, 4.10, 11.63@119 race trim
1966 Fairlane GTA, 482, C6, 3.50, 11.66@117 street trim

BigBlockFE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 01:38:01 AM »
Has anyone ever seen the BBM aluminum block in person. Is this release date in January going to be the first run of blocks??  I know the other block brands changed foundries due to lack of quality. Being the first ones I wonder how good they are.

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 06:23:42 AM »
Has anyone ever seen the BBM aluminum block in person. Is this release date in January going to be the first run of blocks??  I know the other block brands changed foundries due to lack of quality. Being the first ones I wonder how good they are.

My advise is get in the Q if you are serious, they will sell out pretty fast when ever they hit the store.
They always do.
The FE is an ever expanding Hot Rod Engine market with a limited and shrinking block supply.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 06:31:05 AM »

I have built one for a customer.  He told me it was "one of one" but I have subsequently heard that there were a couple more out there.  It seemed to be a perfectly fine part.  This one had a bunch of Dove high riser parts up top and made +/-640HP

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 01:23:07 PM »
I've seen two prototypes. They're nice.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

BigBlockFE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 04:54:58 PM »

I have built one for a customer.  He told me it was "one of one" but I have subsequently heard that there were a couple more out there.  It seemed to be a perfectly fine part.  This one had a bunch of Dove high riser parts up top and made +/-640HP

How did it compare to a pond looks wise. Are there any differences between the 2.

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 05:27:27 PM »

How did it compare to a pond looks wise. Are there any differences between the 2.

Maybe you ask your bud Kirkham to whittle you one out.  ::)

BigBlockFE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 09:09:10 PM »

Maybe you ask your bud Kirkham to whittle you one out.  ::)

They won't. Too busy with other projects. And they had a issue with Dart copyright stuff

bn69stang

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 06:38:51 PM »
There blocks are a very nice piece , so nice in fact my wife said to buy one and put it in the living room , put a glass on top for a hot rod coffee table ...Bud
69 mach 1 , 428 C J  Blue Oval Performance BBM heads -T@D rocker s- Blue thunder intake - Comp hydr roller - MSD ignition - FPA headers- Holley 850 hp double pumper - TKO 600 - 9 inch 3.89 Detroit Locker . ride tech coil over conversion - power rack @ pinoin steering - 13 inch drilled @ slotted 4 wheel disc brakes ..

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »
She sounds like a keeper

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 08:53:44 PM »
She sounds like a keeper

pfft, she sounds like she needs a 352 block painted to look aluminum.