Author Topic: More on the "small FE" idea....  (Read 32582 times)

chris401

Re: More on the "small FE" idea....
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 02:52:26 PM »
Speed Pro makes a truck 361 piston. According to there specs it has a 21.795 cc dish.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/slp-h994p?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-sealed-power&gclid=COun6uDoy88CFQ6taQodfTMP6A
Pistons weigh 907g with a pin height of 1.882 Here is the specifications Federal Mogul gave me. See if I missed something on calculating the dish cc.

1st: 3.320 diameter by .045 deep
2nd: 2.524 diameter by .188 deep.
=21.795cc
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:54:17 PM by chris401 »

FElony

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 06:34:55 PM »
Oh sure, but when *I* say let's do something with a small FE build everybody spits on my grave. 4 or 5 years ago I picked up two sets of 400 rods and a set of 429 CJ rods in one auction for 30 bucks off eBay with shipping, after confirming with Kadrie's Kranks over here that he could offset grind anything. I bought 1960 small chamber heads and small-bore shim gaskets. How many people were interested in any of that? None. They were too busy kicking me in the nuts and stealing my cell phone. The camaraderie in this hobby is stellar.

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 06:57:28 PM »
Hey FElony.... don't be such a piss pot. Blair obviously liked *your* idea.  :)
Kevin McCullah

FElony

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 07:35:40 PM »
Hey FElony.... don't be such a piss pot. Blair obviously liked *your* idea.  :)

Yes, but he didn't even email me a cheeseburger or nuttin'. Here it is, Saturday night, and I don't have anything to eat besides whiskey and rum and sour grapes. Now watch; his excuse for his deplorable behavior will be something lame, like Matthew swept him out to sea and he can't find any cheeseburgers in Cuba.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 10:18:44 PM »
FElony, Maybe when starting with an idea, just stating what you want to do would be more effective than insulting anyone that thinks differently than you.  You'll probably get better results.

I for one am really interested in people posting their progress, I simply lack the interest (or cars with which to put these engines in) to be doing this build myself.

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 11:18:32 PM »
Hey Belogny, all we got here to offer in Appalachia is moonshine, and pig brains on a soda cracker.  You might not have the balls for token like that.  I wasn't close enough to even get rained on, thankfully.  I stay away from beaches.  They might mistake me for a beached orca and push me out to sea.  I apologize for not giving you your due credic, but hell you already have a head named after you.  I'm just trying to climb out of the basket of deplorables right now, and you slipped my mind.
Blair Patrick

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 11:20:19 PM »
Last I heard Felony was running , hiding and ducking the EPA , something over methane gas and a shit farm without EPA approved packaging ..... jail and serious fines could be a result

FElony

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016, 11:59:02 PM »
FElony, Maybe when starting with an idea, just stating what you want to do would be more effective than insulting anyone that thinks differently than you.  You'll probably get better results.

I for one am really interested in people posting their progress, I simply lack the interest (or cars with which to put these engines in) to be doing this build myself.

In the thread in the other place, *you* know I was basically just trying to drum up some interest in small displacement performance. I don't like people that can't expand their venue of thought. If that bothers you, bring it 'cuz I always like a good tussle. Otherwise, I go into a coma.

FElony

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2016, 12:10:40 AM »
Hey Belogny, all we got here to offer in Appalachia is moonshine, and pig brains on a soda cracker.  You might not have the balls for token like that.  I wasn't close enough to even get rained on, thankfully.  I stay away from beaches.  They might mistake me for a beached orca and push me out to sea.  I apologize for not giving you your due credic, but hell you already have a head named after you.  I'm just trying to climb out of the basket of deplorables right now, and you slipped my mind.

I won't mention the guy that named the head after me (Barry R.), but after me badgering him he wouldn't spend the money having the FElony name engraved or cast into the head, nor does he often, if ever, refer to it by that name. Nor does he utilize the tag "Conspiracy to commit horsepower" that I came up with to make up for it. I bet you don't know it was me that originated the whole "Prison Break" moniker to begin with. Do I have a free stroker kit? Do I have free heads? Sheeeeiit no.  God forbid I should make those heads REALLY famous. I even had to buy Barry's book from Amazon. Retail.

Am I on a bitch roll? Yes, I'm a good little bitch tonight. Look, there's room for me in the Basket!

FElony

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 12:12:03 AM »
Last I heard FElony was running , hiding and ducking the EPA , something over methane gas and a shit farm without EPA approved packaging ..... jail and serious fines could be a result

Sneaky of me just to hide in my old jail cell, ain't it?

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 07:51:49 AM »
I don't like people that can't expand their venue of thought.

It's funny, because that is how you present yourself.  At any rate, I do not wish to derail the thread, so I'm out.

FElony

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 04:55:57 PM »
I don't like people that can't expand their venue of thought.

It's funny, because that is how you present yourself.  At any rate, I do not wish to derail the thread, so I'm out.

Yep, I'm narrow-minded because I'm stacked to the ceiling with 427's and 428's, but I'd like to see a little respect for the little motors. Dastardly I am.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 07:58:36 PM »
Oh sure, but when *I* say let's do something with a small FE build everybody spits on my grave......I bought 1960 small chamber heads and small-bore shim gaskets. How many people were interested in any of that? None. They were too busy kicking me in the nuts and stealing my cell phone. The camaraderie in this hobby is stellar.

Then for the 5th time I'll ask...instead of griping and complaining about why nobody does an engine like this, why don't YOU do one? Why is it always "let's", or "why don't we"? Remember that old saying...."Put up...."
I'd apologize if that sounded disrespectful, but I'm not sorry. I get tired of your whining and complaining. DO IT!
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

chris401

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016, 08:49:47 PM »
Speed Pro makes a truck 361 piston. According to there specs it has a 21.795 cc dish.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/slp-h994p?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-sealed-power&gclid=COun6uDoy88CFQ6taQodfTMP6A
Pistons weigh 907g with a pin height of 1.882 Here is the specifications Federal Mogul gave me. See if I missed something on calculating the dish cc.

1st: 3.320 diameter by .045 deep
2nd: 2.524 diameter by .188 deep.
=21.795cc
Anyone know how to double check the math?

FElony

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016, 09:19:03 PM »
Oh sure, but when *I* say let's do something with a small FE build everybody spits on my grave......I bought 1960 small chamber heads and small-bore shim gaskets. How many people were interested in any of that? None. They were too busy kicking me in the nuts and stealing my cell phone. The camaraderie in this hobby is stellar.

Then for the 5th time I'll ask...instead of griping and complaining about why nobody does an engine like this, why don't YOU do one? Why is it always "let's", or "why don't we"? Remember that old saying...."Put up...."
I'd apologize if that sounded disrespectful, but I'm not sorry. I get tired of your whining and complaining. DO IT!

As usual, the point goes over your head. If there is NO interest in a grassroots-level build of a common, inexpensive engine, then there is NO point in expending the time and money in doing so. For what? To hear crickets chirp when I'm done?

It's a forgone conclusion that Blair will get good power because he is Blair. But the rest of us ain't Blair.

I was going to petition Jay to form a Grassroots subforum here. Anyone that has read sbftech for a few years may recall that it had been little more than a shooting gallery for a couple vendors who dealt in "custom" cams and "stroker" short blocks. Virtually anybody that asked for advice was channeled straight to the vendors to spend on new and shiny. They finally got wise and added a grassroots section so people with used/off-the-shelf parts could participate without being denigrated for not buying into the status quo. It has worked well for them.

I had made a detailed list of topics for that DIY subforum idea that I was going to send to Jay after Drag Week. After the last go-around in the other place, I pitched the list and have been looking around for another site that may not be so much Ford-specific, but dealt with the concept in general. I have a couple possibilities, but they will be strangers dealing with a newbie using a new name. May not be a bad thing, that.

OK, I'm done.