Author Topic: Drag Week, Day 4 and Day 5...  (Read 11212 times)

afret

Re: Drag Week, Day 4 and Day 5...
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2016, 04:26:28 PM »
Yeah, congrats to all the FE Drag Week guys for finishing the grueling ordeal and having a great time.   :D

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 09:51:21 AM »
Congrats to everyone that participated. Just showing up makes someone a winner in my books but another good FE showing is the icing on the cake. The sight of a race car towing a trailer cracks me up though. Good to hear you had fun Doug. Getting harder to find these days.

Dale, I'm considering leaving the hitch on the car just because of the looks and comments it gets. I'll also be taking it Tuesday evening, trailer and all, to a weekly event at the local ice cream stop where all the local posers hang out with their show cars.
A Drag Week shirt I saw said it all, "Run your car, not your mouth".

And I appreciate all the advice you've given me over the past couple years. Traction is certainly not my issue now, the car was hooking almost too well!
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 10:49:35 AM »
You going to bring it back to Lima during the EMC deal like you did last year?
For an engine that put up a fight on the dyno it sure delivered when it counted - great effort!

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 12:17:51 PM »
As long as its not raining, I'll drive it to EMC. Royce had a couple guys who couldn't make it this year, so he asked me if I could help him out and be on his team, and I think they're spreading it out over several days this time? If that's the case, I'm not sure what days everyone will be there. Except for a scheduled day for the vintage class at EMC, i'm flat out of vacation time at this point.

Barry, I was most impressed that my valvetrain was very stable during the whole week. When I ran the valves on Tuesday night, everything was fine and the lash hadn't changed at all. There was no change in noise so I only gave the roller tips a quick feel the rest of the week when I changed plugs (it's so much easier with the valve covers off). Oil pressure remained rock steady through the whole week, and the filter looked fine after Friday's run, so the engine is still Survivaling just fine..lol Except for the starter, the car was flawless all week.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 07:08:03 PM »
Doug at least your fuel pump didn`t give out! I think next yr I`ll bring a spare to ward off the evil spirits at the Beaver! Glad the car performed so well. GJCAT

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 08:07:44 PM »
If I make it to Beaver next year, I'll have a spare fuel pump in case ya need one...lol 
Believe me, I had a spare along for the trip! And we had planned on camping out at the tracks like you and your son did, but they didn't open the tracks until the morning of the events.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 09:42:25 PM »
Good to meet you and your son Doug.Had a heck of a week. :)

Steve, my apologies for missing this post. It was great meeting you too. Thanks for the comic relief, good conversation and new friendship over the week. I hope to see you again!
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »
Congrats everyone on a great showing at Drag Week. It was exciting to follow each of you at each track. My productivity at work last week suffered greatly due to the livefeed. Ha!

I'd like to also recognize Al Casida in the 66 Galaxie who averaged 11.8 all week. That is one fast Galaxie! There was also a 69 390 Torino that had a good showing.
Thanks Man, I appreciate the kind words!  :)