Author Topic: Chapter Two "My FE and ME"  (Read 1531 times)

sixty3

• View Profile
Chapter Two "My FE and ME"
« on: August 31, 2016, 02:13:10 PM »
Kind of has a ring to it  8)

Having too much fun every year with my 63Galaxie hardtop and seems like I'm pressing the limits with the almost stock 390 that we put together almost 4+yrs ago. Knowing that as I learn more and gain more experience the chances of me making a mistake or finding the weak link is going to happen someday...and I hope that way out there. Who would have thought it took me two summers and a new clutch to learn how to do an "effective" burn out:  see this yrs not so happy ending as I was dis-qualified in second round;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nqIQPEt-oo

Yea, very proud owner / operator! Got to love a good burn out.

So I've been on the hunt for local sales and finally was rewarded with not one but two engines.  Long story short, Dude sold house and needed to move everything in his garage so he made me a pretty good deal or I hope ( haven't dis-assembled 2nd one yet).  Bought what appears to be 1976 truck 4V, 105 block and what looks like another early 70's 390/352 casting block.  Got most of the 105block tore down last night.

Once both blocks are bare, taking to shop to be magnaflux and sonic checked to see which one is best for 445 build.