Author Topic: Roller rockers for street that fit PBF covers.  (Read 7521 times)

RM69

• View Profile
Re: Roller rockers for street that fit PBF covers.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »
Hi All,

I've been searching around but get different stories...I did a forum serach here too but couldn't get the answers I was looking for.
I want a set of decent quality roller rockers for street use, (COMP HYD roller cam, XR270 grind, CJ valves) for my 390 Mustang GT. (soon to be stroked to 431).

My OEM rockers need new shafts plus end stands so hardly worth the $$ to fix them up.
I've looked at Shelby's, HS, Dove, and POP. HS is the cheapest from Summit ($800), then POP & Dover at around $880, on upwards from there.
When I email the makers only some have replied.

So whats the story? What will fit under my OEM PBF chromed valve covers?
I don't mind a little fettling of the baffles but not major surgery.
I was all set to buy HS as they look well made and are the cheapest decent brand, until someone said they foul the covers.
Then I thought POP as I've dealt with Doug before for pumps etc. Plus I like that he provides a set with the slightly offset rockers to help centre the rollers. Nice. I also read elsewhere that his don't foul the PBF covers.

Another guy said none of the "street" rollers foul  the PBF covers, just their stud mount kits hit the baffles, OEM bolts are no problem.

So what's the truth?

Any recommendations, based on experience please...

Did you ever find a set of roller rockers that work with the Power By Ford valve covers? I'm looking to do the same thing myself.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 12:20:04 PM »
I have had both T&D street and Harland Sharp kits under PBF covers.  You never really know if they clear until you try them.  I think its because the baffles are odd shaped stampings just kinda spot welded into place a bit willy-nilly.  I have had one side clear and the other side hit on the same engine.  Usually pretty easy to tweak/bend/hit/dent/carve the baffle to get them to fit.

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 10:08:48 PM »
My dad just recently used PBF valve covers with Harland Sharp adjustable rockers on his hot rod 390.  He had to peel the baffles out to get them to clear.
Kevin McCullah