Author Topic: About this weather  (Read 3815 times)

Garyford

• View Profile
About this weather
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
Hope you guys in the mid-west are enjoying it.......

Our youngest son goes to school in South Dakota so it is interesting to compare weather between him and us in the "mild" pacific northwest.

Since he returned from spring break March 10th South Dakota has been enjoying summerish 60+ degree weather, kids wearing T-shirts and a few days with breeze.  I've heard the nice weather includes twin Cities region and extends all the way up into Winterpeg Manitoba also. 

In that same period of time we've had three snow falls, and seven severe windstorms including last night again.   >:(

machoneman

• View Profile
Re: About this weather
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:08:46 AM »
My niece just moved to Seattle and I heard today that she can expect almost 1 week of cloudy weather and heavy rain from a front that stretches across the entire northern Pacific! Can't say I didn't warn her about the Seattle area weather. 
Bob Maag

Garyford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »
My niece just moved to Seattle and I heard today that she can expect almost 1 week of cloudy weather and heavy rain from a front that stretches across the entire northern Pacific! Can't say I didn't warn her about the Seattle area weather.

Yes, I didn't even mention the rain (because this is near Seattle) but that too has been nearly incessant.  I don't mind spring rain but 100 days of low-lurking grey clouds is hard on the psyche.

I was expecting our favorite local BC Super Shifters to perhaps convoy over to sunnier territory......
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:22:48 AM by Garyford »

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »
In Minnesota we are at the end of a record breaking March, with 8 days in the 70s while average temperatures are typically in the high 30s to high 40s.  It is unbelievably nice here.  More, please... :D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Garyford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 12:32:50 PM »
In Minnesota we are at the end of a record breaking March, with 8 days in the 70s while average temperatures are typically in the high 30s to high 40s.  It is unbelievably nice here.  More, please... :D

Wouldn't it be terrible to live in California and enjoy such good weather all year long...... :D

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »
From the mid-'40s, as a little kid living in Suburban Seattle (Renton)---

"I've traveled all over this country
And I'll tell you that man's never found
A place that's more rainy and foggy
Than the city on old Puget Sound..."

My mother said she didn't let me go out all summer without wearing a sweater.

KS

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 06:00:53 PM »
They have promised us 8-12 inch snow this weekend :o
so stop whining

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it