Author Topic: Anyone remember PAW Performance Automotive Warehouse catalogs?  (Read 4759 times)

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
In days of old whenever we went swap-meet shopping We'd always carry along a PAW catalog. My last one is 1998 and was 1140 pages. (admittedly I didn't buy them that often (I have 84 89 and 98)  and the guy that sold me that last issue stated I'd get the next PAW catalog mailed free to me - but I never got one, maybe there was no more after 98?). Odd I could not find any old PAW Cat's listed on ebay
     Obviously the internet squashed the need for a parts house to print up 1,000+ page catalogs. It looks like PAW only sells on eBay and specializes in old HEMI's.  Looks like they went the way of Super Shop's heck I recall Super Shop's sponsored the AA/FD of Don Garlit's.
    Now other than the small-specialty engine builders and shops that specialize in markets it looks to be locked into a bi-monopoly of Jeg's and Summit that must have a massive percentage of the market between them.   When you look at Ford Racing Parts the dozen's of Ford specialty shops all got the poison-pill when Jeg's and Summit became Ford Racing Parts distributors. The same whores that sell factory Chevy and Mopar perf parts..
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:31:11 AM by Qikbbstang »

Heo

• View Profile
Re: Anyone remember PAW Performance Automotive Warehouse catalogs?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:14:52 AM »
I remember the catalogs. I bought a lot of parts from PAW
in the 80-90s.Tried to find them a couple of years ago and
no luck....found out later they only sold Hemi parts now

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

turbohunter

• View Profile
Re: Anyone remember PAW Performance Automotive Warehouse catalogs?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 08:22:22 AM »
Remember them well.
The stores were based here in SoCal.
They used to have race cars (like Kenny Bernsteins TF car) in their main show room/store actually hanging off the walls and on the floor. Buying parts and checking out cars was fun.
IIRC they went out of business around 2000, plus or minus a year or two.
They were the last of the multi store speed shops around here.
Still one or two one store shops going like Hawaii Racing but they are really having a tough time.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon