Author Topic: Short travel hydraulic roller lifters  (Read 4326 times)

ToddK

• View Profile
Short travel hydraulic roller lifters
« on: April 10, 2011, 03:30:51 AM »
Has anybody had any experience with short travel hydraulic roller lifters in an FE?

I see from the Summit website that Scorpion makes a set for the FE Summit Racing

Not a lot of info from the Scorpion website, although they are made in the USA. Has anybody used them?

plovett

Re: Short travel hydraulic roller lifters
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:32:13 AM »
I have not used them.  I am very interested in them.

Rabotnik used them on his last EMC engine and said they worked very well.  He said he ran them up to 6700 rpm with no issues.  I don't know for sure, but I believe his were from Compcams as opposed to Scorpion.  I don't think Compcams offers a short-travel hydraulic roller lifter to the public yet.

Just FYI,

paulie

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 06:31:06 PM »
Thanks for that info Paulie, I'll keep an eye out on that one. I'm not after a set right now, so will wait for any future developments.

plovett

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:03:54 PM »
Just FYI.  If you go to Scorpion's website and enter that part number the lifter that comes up is for 385 series Fords.  If I remember right there are some differences between lifters for the two engine families so make sure what you're getting is right for an FE.

http://www.scorpioncheckout.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=SRPST2212BBR&Search.x=15&Search.y=10

paulie