Author Topic: Dragweek flashback Great Lakes Dragway  (Read 3878 times)

thatdarncat

• View Profile
Dragweek flashback Great Lakes Dragway
« on: January 10, 2016, 02:07:38 AM »
Dragweek competitor Mopar Billy tells a great story of he, his daughter, and his brothers exploits both leading up to, and during Dragweek, on the Moparts forum. Similar to what Jay does, but with more of an emphasis on the Mopar contingent. Unlike Jay though who tries to write his up each night, Billy's story comes to us spread out during the winter off season. So far he is up to the middle of Dragweek at Great Lakes Dragway. Tonight I spotted a nice picture he had of Jay & Steve and myself in the pits. Might even be a glimpse of Hemi Joel too. 

For anyone else who can't get enough of Dragweek, here's a link to Mopar Billy's 2015 story, currently unfolding and Billy has links to his previous year stories in the first post.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1951984/1.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:12:14 AM by thatdarncat »
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

57 lima bean

Re: Dragweek flashback Great Lakes Dragway
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 12:54:41 PM »
Very nice revisit to a great time.Thanks Kevin."They made like none of them"....laughed at that!

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 07:59:56 PM »
That is Joel on the far left holding his hat, while his trunk monkey was busy working hard, getting the GTX back to road trip made and packing all the stuff back into it.

Hemi Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 10:09:24 PM »
That is Joel on the far left holding his hat, while his trunk monkey was busy working hard, getting the GTX back to road trip made and packing all the stuff back into it.

Sorry that I didn't help you out more on the trunk monkey duties. With fame comes a certain level of responsibility to my fans, and I always feel obliged to spend time signing autographs, and talking to everyone who came out to see me. It takes a big chunk out of my Drag Week days. ;)