Author Topic: Why can't we do this?  (Read 12351 times)

FElony

Re: Why can't we do this?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 12:49:32 AM »
We have been getting sporadic storm fronts around here the last few weeks. There is a 50+ percent chance of rain this Thurs and Fri, which might make Drag Weekend a stillborn endeavor. However, the local forecasters are no more accurate than the shaman toad that lives in my back yard, so we'll see.

57 lima bean

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 05:39:34 AM »
By licking the toad,your forecast will be swell.

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 05:02:16 PM »
a left and a right , another left .....

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 10:21:04 AM »
Pussies??  Some of us just got back from beating our junk at Drag Week and you think we're pussies??  Tell you what, Felony, you get Ford to send me a 700HP Shelby Mustang engine and trans at no charge, and I'll drop it in my friend BradFORD's Pinto and we'll film some tire shredding action.  We'll make that Charger look like a Prius. ;D ;D

Meanwhile, FElony, don't YOU be a pussy - Get a car ready for Drag Weekend!  After all, its right in your back yard, and I want to read your day by day account...

Everybody knows that rat bastard FElony is actually HMSV in drag- so a quasi-pussy at best :o  As I rank up there pretty good on the neat schidt sitting around not running scale myself, I have to stand up for my fellow rat bastard a bit- but not that much LOL...

Let's start a contest, non-running schidt growing cobwebs- maybe a motivator...
1969 Mach1- first car, bought it from my dad- 10 yrs since started
1969 Fairlane Cobra- haven't had an engine in it yet
1969 Ranchero GT, 390 A/C- probably going up for sale soon (see "1957 Ranchero" below- which one would you rather keep?)
1962 406 Galaxie 500XL w/427- drove it into storage at Mare Island 2 weeks ago, uncorked and slicks- drew a bit of a crowd hehehe...
1962 Galaxie 500XL Sunliner- runs but 2nd gear band shot- going on the rack next week (yeah, sure...)
1956 Mercury Medalist, 312-4V- a flipper, probably going to Sacramento swap this weekend
1957 Courier Sedan Delivery, runs good, needs brake job to drive, in Mare Island storage. Got it from the original owners about a year ago
1957 Ranchero, 390 by PO on stand, discs and tilt column done, very solid- a tarp-on (just thought that up lol..)
1966 Q-code 428 Thunderbird Town Landau, runs great, sitting in Mare Island as it needs a new vinyl top
1932 1-1/2 ton dump truck- ran when parked, 3 yrs since started- keep thinking about making a duallie out of it
1979 Porsche 928, cherry, needs fuel pump relay to run
1972 Pontiac Grand Prix, 400, runs great and new paint/interior, for sale soon
Let's not start on piles of FE parts, Farmalls etc...

57 lima bean

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 12:50:26 PM »
a left and a right , another left .....

You got it gdaddyo1.That reads just like the instructions from DragWeek minus the road names and miles between. :)

"1962 406 Galaxie 500XL w/427- drove it into storage at Mare Island 2 weeks ago, uncorked and slicks- drew a bit of a crowd hehehe"......Love it-!

oldgal

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 02:01:27 PM »
OK you scalawags, let me make my first post a leetle clearer. I wasn't actually referring to them nailing a big motor from Dodge, but the idea of building that Charger with a motor home 440, throwing it into a beater with no interior and one window, and wompin' the bejeezuz out of it on dirt roads. If you didn't see the end of this episode, it is headed back to the dirt course with the new engine aboard. That, to me, regardless of where the motor came from, is just too kool fer skool.

Totally agree with you there FElony!!  Roadkill is my most favorite youtube channel, by far.  New ep this Friday ;)   Must admit it was better before Dodge sponsorship  tho...............

Phil.

FElony

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 04:40:21 PM »
Everybody knows that rat bastard FElony is actually HMSV in drag- so a quasi-pussy at best :o  As I rank up there pretty good on the neat schidt sitting around not running scale myself, I have to stand up for my fellow rat bastard a bit- but not that much LOL...

Let's start a contest, non-running schidt growing cobwebs- maybe a motivator...
1969 Mach1- first car, bought it from my dad- 10 yrs since started
1969 Fairlane Cobra- haven't had an engine in it yet
1969 Ranchero GT, 390 A/C- probably going up for sale soon (see "1957 Ranchero" below- which one would you rather keep?)
1962 406 Galaxie 500XL w/427- drove it into storage at Mare Island 2 weeks ago, uncorked and slicks- drew a bit of a crowd hehehe...
1962 Galaxie 500XL Sunliner- runs but 2nd gear band shot- going on the rack next week (yeah, sure...)
1956 Mercury Medalist, 312-4V- a flipper, probably going to Sacramento swap this weekend
1957 Courier Sedan Delivery, runs good, needs brake job to drive, in Mare Island storage. Got it from the original owners about a year ago
1957 Ranchero, 390 by PO on stand, discs and tilt column done, very solid- a tarp-on (just thought that up lol..)
1966 Q-code 428 Thunderbird Town Landau, runs great, sitting in Mare Island as it needs a new vinyl top
1932 1-1/2 ton dump truck- ran when parked, 3 yrs since started- keep thinking about making a duallie out of it
1979 Porsche 928, cherry, needs fuel pump relay to run
1972 Pontiac Grand Prix, 400, runs great and new paint/interior, for sale soon
Let's not start on piles of FE parts, Farmalls etc...

Not a bad list, but I have you covered, car-wise and parts-wise, by a long-shot. Not that it gets me any more chicks than normal.

It seems some rain did visit Day One of the Drag Weekend down in Tucson, but people got their runs in. Up here we got a cloudburst in the morning, some clearing, and then the 15-minute hailstorm from hell about a half hour ago. My back yard is white. Er, was, melted now.

More rain forecast tomorrow. Even if it's clear, I'm going to pass on visiting the track, as only 55 cars are entered. If they plan on doing a long version of this next year, they need to do a better job of promotion. By then, the new Havasu track should be open. Maybe they can roll Vegas into it.  http://riverhavasu.com/LondonBridgeRacewayPark/

FElony

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015, 04:48:09 PM »
Totally agree with you there FElony!!  Roadkill is my most favorite youtube channel, by far.  New ep this Friday ;)   Must admit it was better before Dodge sponsorship  tho...............

Phil.

It was inevitable that something like this happened. F&F were not going to make diddly working for HR despite the show's popularity. I sincerely hope they're getting a fatter check for their considerable time spent. However, this thing of subscribing to view an episode "fresh" or waiting a month to see it free sucks. Oh well.

plovett

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 12:15:01 AM »
Smelly Cat doesn't count?  I flew out to LA on a one way ticket on a Friday afternoon, met a lady, gave her some cash, and started driving back 1600 miles to Lenexa, KS so I could be back at work Monday morning.  I bought the car sight unseen (okay, I saw internet pic's), and went for it.  I had to short across the solenoid with wire I bought at a convenience store to start it.  I ran the heater on full blast through Death Valley in the early summer to keep it from overheating.   I had half a dozen bottles of Gator-ade in the passenger seat.  And I have a warrant out for my arrest in AZ. I put in a new starter cable in a Wal-Mart parking lot on a Sunday lying on my back in a pool of water, gravel, and oil.   The headliner fell down so I couldn't see out the back. I picked up some ladies in New Mexico who said they were witches (okay that's a lie)  And when I finally got to Kansas, bad gas and the heat, made it ping the last 100 miles home.  Oh, and it runs 11.40's on street tires.  What's it take to impress you???   ::)

FElony

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »
Smelly Cat doesn't count?...  What's it take to impress you???   ::)

Actually filming it all would've impressed the hell out of me. And you needed a sidekick to exchange sophomoric banter with. Um, does your warrant in AZ have a reward attached to it?

plovett

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »
Smelly Cat doesn't count?...  What's it take to impress you???   ::)

Actually filming it all would've impressed the hell out of me. And you needed a sidekick to exchange sophomoric banter with. Um, does your warrant in AZ have a reward attached to it?

Hey man, the video is in my head.  That way I can easily edit it.   Sidekicks are potential witnesses.  No reward for a criminal as lame as me.  I can tell you that I may be the only obviously Caucasian guy to ride in the cage in the back of a Border Patrol Bronco, though. 

FElony

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 09:30:56 PM »
I can tell you that I may be the only obviously Caucasian guy to ride in the cage in the back of a Border Patrol Bronco, though.

That's what you get for traveling through our lovely state without enough bribe money on hand. Serves you right, Caucasian.

plovett

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 06:55:35 AM »
Lesson learned.  I want to come back sometime.  I wonder how long until amnesty is granted?  Where else can you find 50+ year old un-restored cars with little to no rust?  Jewels in the desert.  I'm jealous.

paulie

FElony

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »
Lesson learned.  I want to come back sometime.  I wonder how long until amnesty is granted?  Where else can you find 50+ year old un-restored cars with little to no rust?  Jewels in the desert.  I'm jealous.

paulie

Last year in the other forum I spent time posting pics of a local yard with such cars for sale. Between this one and the guy's other one down in Yuma, he estimates 400-500 of them. I offered forum dudes contact information and my help in looking over prospective buys. Not a one took the offer.

The national market has sucked a lot of the Craigslist cars out of Arizona, though. Deals have thinned out. The other stupid factor is this "patina" thing. It has raised the price of $500 parts wrecks to $4000 "trendy" projects. To me, "patina" means "I ain't gots enough money to buy sandpaper and spray can primer to do one fender on this POS, but you can pay me big bucks to take it off my hands".

Funny thing is, I never see anything with "patina" driving around, unless it's a drunken frijole with a clapped out Cheevee. All the "patina" cars just shuffle around from one back yard to another, with each buyer taking a loss on the sale when he realizes that saving money on a paint job doesn't provide one with the funds to build the entire rest of the frickin machine.

Even if you do garner accolades from other car freaks for driving patina, keep in mind that the rest of the public, after giving you the twice-over, will be convinced that it was you that knocked off the liquor store and grabbed a kid as hostage last month. The PO-leece? Oh, like they wouldn't dare guess that you have 27 empty beer cans on the back seat, unpaid alimony, and a lifetime chip on your shoulder from a Guinness-book case of mutant teen acne. Might as well have a license plate that says "FELONY" on it.

Guess I'll back off before I get on a rant.

plovett

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 07:55:56 PM »
Sounds like trouble in paradise.  Of course it always seems like paradise from far away.  I say go ahead and rant.  We humans can't seem to let beauty and beautiful logic be.  We have to soil it and cover it up, or destroy it, or otherwise ruin it.  It's what we do.  Dang.

paulie