Author Topic: Post your negative feedback here  (Read 30724 times)

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Post your negative feedback here
« on: February 12, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
If you have had negative experiences with a private seller or vendor, please post them here for references by other potential buyers.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

machoneman

• View Profile
Re: Post your negative feedback here
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »
Jay, I found quite by accident this older FE Forum post today and I had to post this headshaker here...especially after I saw who posted it. Still don't understand how ironic it is that one can blast Dove but defend Coon when years later, the same has occurred.....well, you get the picture.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dove has worked hard for their reputation, but I think they've earned it.   December 20 2009, 8:58 AM

I believe most of us appreciate any company that makes an effort to provide quality parts for the FE. Dove consistently make promises they don't keep, and they often don't seem to care about the customer. In the past I've usually provided "qualified compliments" of their products, warning of likely issues but that their product has merit. Your statement, "Dove isn't all junk" is quite similar to what I used to say. The "100 Cammer" episode of 2007 upset me, and I've felt ever since that they only want our money, not our satisfaction, reference:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/74182/message/1179269324

Just think of what forum discussion would be like if 20 or 30 sets of the Dove Cammer kits were sold in 2007. The reputation of the Cammer would have ended up being that it is an expensive unreliable engine, since the $10,000.00 pricetag would be just a tiny fraction of what it would cost to make an engine operational. Every day would reveal new stories of Dove Cammer problems, endless backorders, repeated warranty returns, while the folk who wish to make quality Cammer parts would not see money because it was all invested at Dove and on repairs.

Shoe.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:03:55 PM by machoneman »
Bob Maag

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:43:07 PM »
At the time Dave wrote that, Coon was at the start of his SOHC head business, and there were lots of folks (me included) who were quite unhappy with the quality of Dove's parts.  Coon's parts promised to be a lot better, and from a quality perspective they certainly were.  At that time I was not aware of anyone who had lost money dealing with Coon.  It's too bad Coon had to spoil his business by being so dishonest with his customers later.

I think Dave was out of the FE world for a while and came back in without realizing all the stuff that had happened with Coon's business practices.  I can understand this, and think Dave was probably blind sided by the reaction to his support for Coon.  What I don't understand, and probably never will, is how Dave could continue to support Coon when he was confronted by so many statements, by so many people, showing Coon to be dishonest.  Go figure  ???
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

bganger

• View Profile
Coon sohc heads
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 09:25:42 PM »
My name is Robert Ganger I have known Mr Coon over 40 yrs. he does the best ford workyou can get BUT!!!! beware of any dealings with him he will sell anyones  parts he happens to have,could be yours but he will still sell them,I do legal research for many attorneys in my area, one of used to defend Mr. Coon until he found out what kind of slim bag he really is,I'am not mad at Mr Coon for anything, I personally have never had any dealings with him but I know many others that have been ripped real deep by him,one guy had to pay two times for his own motor just to get it back.So beware beware beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I can't stress that enough.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »
More crap! I need to take a shower now......!

The Fe Forum post was taken down. 'Nuff said about anti-Jay stuff.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:00:10 PM by machoneman »
Bob Maag

machoneman

• View Profile
Caveat Emptor! New website for Bill Coon re: Cammer heads
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 08:33:21 AM »
I wonder what state or local laws govern the sale of goods via the Internet? Could he be charged in an altogether new way once he takes orders over the 'Net? I wonder......

http://www.billcooncylinderhead.com/index.html
Bob Maag

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 12:03:50 PM »
I don't think there are any special rules about selling over the internet - but the existing Federal interstate commerce and post office regulations apply.

The "New Cammer Parts" name is recent.

"High quality and 100% customer satisfaction are our top priorities" - kind of incongruousness considering a guy just posted here that he had not received his SOHC heads yet at the same time Coon was at Columbus with heads.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 02:25:37 PM »
Heh that cammer site....

It had his name over 9 times on one page.  To me that is just interesting as far as like a psychological study.

fastback 427

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 03:11:52 PM »
That and the recent projects page has a picture of a head, yeah one, a car built in the 60's, and two pics of a decal.  Nice decal  ;D. Business is good!
Jaime
67 fastback 427 center oiler 428 crank Dove aluminum
top end toploader
67 fairlane gta cross bolted 12:1 390 Dove aluminum top end c6 3600 stall
65 falcon straight axle project
67 mustang coupe project
76 f350 dually 390 mirror 105 4bbl 4spd
74 f100 xlt 390 c6 factory ac

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 05:19:56 PM »
There appear to be two sites, the other one is:

http://www.billcooncammer.com/index.html

klassickars

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 11:32:32 AM »
Bill Coon Steals Deposit

Bill Coon stole my $3000.00 deposit for a set of 427 SOHC (Cammer) heads.  After months of excuses I had to cancel the order but he won't return the deposit even though I have an invoice and cancelled check.  I have since learned this is a common business by Coon especially if you are located long distances from his shop in Romulus Michigan and the interstate costs to sue him.  As a small builder in the Phoenix area I have many many contacts and will be notifying every Cammer vendor, engine builder, magazine editor, major car auction and show promoter I can find.  All should be concerned this guy is killing interest in the Cammer.

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »
LOL, I just re-looked at Coon's webpage.  Its the first one listed http://www.billcooncylinderhead.com/index.html, the second webpage has been deleted.

In the little video on his page with the drag racing, the announcer calls him Bill "Con".   

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 05:51:15 PM »
It's really amazing this guy is still in business, and out of a wheelchair.  I naturally assume someone that appears to steal massive amounts of money regularly would sooner or later meet the wrong dude.

Either way, scary stuff.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 06:03:51 PM »
How could he be crooked. It says high quality and 100% customer satisfaction is there main priority.
If it’s on the internet it must be true ;) 8)

Diogenes

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »
If this guy is such a crook, how has he not been tapped to run for public office? It seems he's a perfect fit. ;D
WHEN CRIMINALS MAKE THE LAWS, OBEYING THE LAW IS A CRIME.

1966 Galaxie 500 390 Toploader 3.89 Traction-Lock 9in.
1985 Toyota Celica Supra
1971 Montego MX wagon 351C Toploader Detroit Locker Cyclone competition gauge/dash bucket seats/console
1989 Texas DPS Police Mustang
1971 Torino GT 351C 4V AT
1968 Cougar 351W Toploader Traction-Lock 8in.
1989 Dodge Omni modified 2.5 turbo from hell