Author Topic: AMP EFI clinic for you fuel injected guys  (Read 3297 times)

900HP

• View Profile
AMP EFI clinic for you fuel injected guys
« on: June 17, 2015, 03:39:14 PM »
AMP EFI Clinic is a hands-on, two day tuning course for end users, dealers and professional tuners practicing installation, configuration, and calibration of a modern engine management system in a *real world* environment with bona fide, competition experienced instructors..  Even if you are new to tuning, this could certainly be your fast track!

Experienced tuner Scott Clark and Engine Masters Challenge builder Mark Dalquist will facilitate the course using an actual Engine Masters competition engine. Each participant will put their hands on, configure and tune an MS3-Pro EMS and will test their calibrations on a live running engine.

From basic configuration and start up to the most advanced features and power management.  Limited to 30 participants. Includes a BONUS session with David Vizard!

Link to registration:  https://ms3prodealer.wufoo.com/forms/rvjltni0mtzs61/

My427stang

• View Profile
Re: AMP EFI clinic for you fuel injected guys
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »
Neat stuff, do you keep the MS3, bring your own, or are they there as teaching aids?

I am guessing not supplied as a takeaway seeing as they bring 550+ retail.
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

900HP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
Neat stuff, do you keep the MS3, bring your own, or are they there as teaching aids?

I am guessing not supplied as a takeaway seeing as they bring 550+ retail.

MS3-pro's will be provided as well as the stimulators for testing and troubleshooting.  Students will need to bring their own laptops on which they will load tunerstudio and megalog viewer onto.  There will be 2 students to an ecu/stimulator that will learn to configure/test/troubleshoot/and tune on including live tuning on an engine dyno and a chassis dyno. 

We are looking into the possibility of offering MS3-pros at a discount to people who have taken the class but haven't figured that all out yet.  MS3-pro retails at $1199. 

Just because we are using the MS3-pro for the seminar doesn't mean that you can't benefit from it if you happen to have a stand-alone from a different manufacturer.  Most of what you will be learning can be used no matter what brand name is on the box.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 06:16:29 PM »
Let me just throw in a plug for Scott and Mark (who, as it happens, will both be at my place in a couple weeks helping me dyno my big SOHC  :D ).  Scott has been helping me with EFI stuff ever since I met him at Drag Week in 2005, and he has been involved with many successful Engine Masters competitors.  Mark, who I just met last year (while dynoing last year's cammer motor), is a two time Engine Masters competitor who finished very high in the events, and has taught me an awful lot about various engine topics.  It would be hard to imagine two better qualified instructors.  Wish I was free the weekend of the event, or I'd take the class myself.  But with the class only a week before Drag Week, there is no way I'll have any free time LOL!
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 09:44:01 AM »
I am seriously considering it, however just started a new assignment so I need to see how my schedule works out.  Unfortunately, being in the military you never know exactly what each month will bring, and being the FNG in the shop makes it a bit tougher.

Eventually I am planning a speed density of some sort with a blower on the Mustang and moving the EEC-IV MAF system over to the truck, so it could be beneficial, if nothing else it'd be fun

---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch