Author Topic: Dyno Results and ET Results Stickies?  (Read 13325 times)

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Dyno Results and ET Results Stickies?
« on: April 30, 2015, 10:56:16 AM »
I was on the FE Forum a little earlier today, and saw a suggestion for a sticky on that board that kept a list of cars and ETs run with FE engines.  It will never happen over there, but I could easily do one here.  I'm a little reluctant to post sticky topics, because they tend to multiply and take up the first several slots of the message board, but I guess adding two, one for each of these topics, wouldn't be too bad.  What do you guys think, should I do this?
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Yellow Truck

Re: Dyno Results and ET Results Stickies?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 11:11:47 AM »
I would suggest it should be a new forum.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 11:20:36 AM »
Great idea Jay and Yellow Truck: a separate Forum gets my vote.
Bob Maag

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 11:57:28 AM »
Would be kind of interesting to see how you match up to like cars and engines.
Might be a good learning experience for those of us that are just getting back into it.
And follow your mission statement.
"Dedicated to Building and Racing the Ford FE Engine"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:59:56 AM by turbohunter »
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 01:07:46 PM »
You can hop onto my website Jay, to my dyno results page and snag some too.....probably 15-20 FE dyno results there.

http://www.lykinsmotorsports.com/dyno.html
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 01:15:12 PM »
Barry just started a thread I believe on his forum also.
Suffice to say that FE info is growing.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 04:12:58 PM »
I think it would be handy to have a place to go for dyno results and build info. Barry had a cool thing going on his sight but it seems like it's been forgotten about. The fepower.net/ home page already has a "dyno results" tab. Maybe the format under that tab could be modified so all forum members could post their build info, dyno sheets and video links there? Or add a child board to the FE Technical Forum tab?

ET's seem like a less informative thing to me. Then again, I haven't made the transition to racing on pavement yet. Maybe soon though...... ;)
Kevin McCullah

fastback 427

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 04:56:29 PM »
Not all e.t.'s are on pavement ;D. Be cool to see mud drag stuff and some boat drag stuff too!
Jaime
67 fastback 427 center oiler 428 crank Dove aluminum
top end toploader
67 fairlane gta cross bolted 12:1 390 Dove aluminum top end c6 3600 stall
65 falcon straight axle project
67 mustang coupe project
76 f350 dually 390 mirror 105 4bbl 4spd
74 f100 xlt 390 c6 factory ac

drdano

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 05:27:20 PM »
Not all e.t.'s are on pavement ;D. Be cool to see mud drag stuff and some boat drag stuff too!

I've got one on salt, will that be ok?   ;D

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 06:11:20 PM »
I've thought about this for a long time. Stickys are great for containing basic information for questions that get asked over and over. They're also great for gathering comparable data and examples of builds for comparison. Most all good specific related forums have them. So like was mentioned, separate sticky areas would be great for different reasons. One for basic FE info, like what head/intake port needs what gaskets, what bore/stroke combo needs what rod/compression height etc etc. Which would also make another great side forum (since it's Jays time I'm spending, and not mine ;D )...strictly engine builds. That would be my favorite sticky area. Whether they're from individuals, or builders, they give great comparisons and really help people make informed decisions. One for ET/CI/HP comparisons is a great idea also and would be the easiest and also popular. So much depends on tune/chassis, though, that somehow that should be included as basic side info, especially over time as upgrades were made and the ET differences that resulted from them. Of course pro-racers wouldn't want any part of that, I'd guess :) 

A lot gets lost as pages add up. I just wondered how much bandwidth adding areas like that would take up, which I assumed costs more money. But I have no idea how that stuff works. Not to mention how much more time it would consume for one moderator to keep up with an expanding forum. I already find them a huge distraction to getting stuff done...lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:21:12 PM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 09:33:02 PM »
I was on the FE Forum a little earlier today, and saw a suggestion for a sticky on that board that kept a list of cars and ETs run with FE engines.  It will never happen over there, but I could easily do one here.  I'm a little reluctant to post sticky topics, because they tend to multiply and take up the first several slots of the message board, but I guess adding two, one for each of these topics, wouldn't be too bad.  What do you guys think, should I do this?

I think its a great idea.

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »
I think it would be handy to have a place to go for dyno results and build info. Barry had a cool thing going on his sight but it seems like it's been forgotten about. The fepower.net/ home page already has a "dyno results" tab. Maybe the format under that tab could be modified so all forum members could post their build info, dyno sheets and video links there? Or add a child board to the FE Technical Forum tab?

ET's seem like a less informative thing to me. Then again, I haven't made the transition to racing on pavement yet. Maybe soon though...... ;)
Its a lot harder to "cheat" your time slip than your dyno sheet.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 10:52:27 PM »

Its a lot harder to "cheat" your time slip than your dyno sheet.

LOL!  That's a fact!  There are lots of "happy" dynos out there.  But on the other hand, a strong engine can lay down a crappy ET if the car isn't set up just right.  There's a place for both data sets, I think.

I'm starting to lean towards a couple of Child Boards under the FE Technical board for this; still thinking though...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 11:25:40 PM »
I like the idea of doing it as a separate sub forum. Thats how they do it on another non-ford related forum I belong to, works well, IMO. And I do agree both numbers have thier place. But IMO the best way to back those dyno numbers up is with a mph number.

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 11:36:59 PM »
Whats a stickie....??????..........Cory
1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up