Author Topic: It's time for a FE-bruary free shipping special on BBM heads  (Read 7391 times)

BBMTech

It's time for a FE-bruary free shipping special on BBM heads
« on: January 22, 2015, 07:16:25 PM »
We're celebrating the coming of FE-bruary here at BBM!

As we all start crawling out of our winter slumber to our garages to prepare our cars for Spring, what better way to dramatically crank up the horsepower than with a set of our top performing BBM FE heads. They're in stock as always and available for free immediate shipping to the lower 48 states. This free shipping special applies to our cylinder heads only, and will be in effect from now through February 28th.

Visit us at Bearblockmotors.com or call us at 818-349-0999. We look forward to hearing from you.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:08:08 PM by BBMTech »

Ean R

• View Profile
Re: It's time for a FE-bruary free shipping special on BBM heads
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 11:34:58 AM »
Why not make it the lower 49 and include Western Australia???
I'm sure Todd wouldn't mind
Ean Rinaldi
66 Fairlane 500
427 side oiler

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
Obviously BBM has decided to market direct to the user. I take it engine builders shops are not offered discounts that offer them regular profit margins?

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:18 PM »
BB that is an assumption on your part.  It is also not something that is any of our business.  Unless you are going to become a dealer, drop the subject.  If I were in the business, I would not answer such a question.  It simply is not any of my business how they price their parts to a jobber.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 02:29:10 PM »
Thanks Joe, no further comment necessary- you said it all  ;)

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 08:07:06 AM »
Well maybe not the last word.
Ean when they first went on sale BBM put an ad on the FordFE site and did not put the shipping restriction
in the ad so being the a hole I am I jumped right in there and kinda forced the issue a bit.
BZ to BBM for the stand up company they are and I got a great deal on a set of castings.

BB the jobbers will set the valves, BBM does not sell their heads will any valves.
So unless you are comfortable with setting your own valves or have a shop you feel is up to the task
you should really consider the jobber.

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 04:14:41 PM »
We're celebrating the coming of FE-bruary here at BBM!

As we all start crawling out of our winter slumber to our garages to prepare our cars for Spring, what better way to dramatically crank up the horsepower than with a set of our top performing BBM FE heads. They're in stock as always and available for free immediate shipping to the lower 48 states. This free shipping special applies to our cylinder heads only, and will be in effect from now through February 28th.

Visit us at Bearblockmotors.com or call us at 818-349-0999. We look forward to hearing from you.

n/m
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 12:49:48 PM by TimeWarpF100 »

RobMcQ

• View Profile
Stainless Valves for BBM Heads
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 03:36:48 AM »
Super Duty Race Series Stainless valves: 11/32 2.150"/1.680" - designed specifically for the BBM cylinder heads.

There have been numerous inquiries as to what valves to use with the BBM cylinder heads. During the development of the BBM heads, we flowed quite a few valves from different manufacturers, with variations on valve head shape and size. We eventually settled on the 2.150"/1.680" combo that we are now using.

Later testing showed the 2.150 intake valve to flow as much as a 2.190 intake, (both w/only minor blending), but with better port velocity. The intake bowl was optimized around the 2.150 valve. Testing different exhaust valve head shapes, we selected one that really emphasized mid lift flow, without sacrificing upper lift flow. This special exhaust valve is available in both 1.680" and 1.710".

As neither of these valves were readily available from any manufacturer at a moderate price, we've had to have them built specifically for the BBM heads. It was decided to only offer a premium quality, Race Series valve, instead of the budget priced "E-Bay" level stainless valves, or even the mid range type re-builder valves. We just didn't want to have to deal with all of the quality and durability issues of the cheaper level valves.

Blue Oval Performance Engineering is the only source for these valves. Bulk purchasing has allowed us to keep these premium valves reasonable. A set of 16 valves runs $309/set. (Compare that to the Ferrea F1186P 2.150" valve that runs $200/set of EIGHT). We have 2.250"/1.710" valves for big valve head/big bore applications as well.

In answer to customer questions: Yes, you can get the 2.150/1.710 valve combo for the same price & Yes, these valves can be fit the Edelbrock FE heads.

Valves can be purchased alone in sets, or as a package: Bare BBM heads with Valves for $1630 or as custom built head assemblies with our special valve job starting at $2300 and up, depending on spring & retainer choice, or milling for smaller chamber volumes, etc. (Heads are running 75-76cc's).

Rob McQuarie
Blue Oval Performance
Englewood, CO
303-762-8298
blueovalperf @ gmail.com   

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »
Hey Rob
I'm in for a set of those "Super Duty Race Series Stainless valves: 11/32 2.150"/1.680" - designed specifically for the BBM cylinder heads." :D

Email sent.

RobMcQ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
Thanks Howie.  A set of them "Super" valves will be headed up to your "Ice Station Zebra"!
May spring find it's way to you quickly to thaw the ice.
Rob

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 08:09:46 PM »
Thanks Howie.  A set of them "Super" valves will be headed up to your "Ice Station Zebra"!
May spring find it's way to you quickly to thaw the ice.
Rob

Rob, Thanks for the heads! You nailed the flow numbers with a good valve job.

Thought I would share what we got with just a basic valve job, ZERO porting of any kind

A basic valve job and here are the oh so close numbers

Intake

.200   148.4
.300   201.7
.400   250.6
.500   280.3
.600   296.4
.700   297.7

Exhaust

.200   121.5
.300   159
.400   186