Author Topic: Ken McLellan's SS/G Cobrastang  (Read 3499 times)

GPR

• View Profile
    • Gillis Restorations
Ken McLellan's SS/G Cobrastang
« on: January 19, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »
I will be starting the restoration of Ken's 1969 SS/G record holding 1971 Super Stock World Championship winning Mustang very soon. I bought this from Ken in 1973 on the way back from Pomona. I would always spend the night at his house on my trips to Pomona. We were talking and he said he wanted to quit and offered to sell the car and truck. I called my Dad and he said OK we could sell the truck at his car lot. I agreed to make payments and left with his truck and car without any money changing hands at that time. We paid it off over time. In the late 70's early 80's my brother in-law and I modified it and made it a bracket car. It will be a long term project but my plan is to restore as raced by Ken.

Rusty Gillis

Former NHRA SS/FA & SS/GA National Record Holder

BH107

• View Profile
Re: Ken McLellan's SS/G Cobrastang
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 12:41:28 PM »
Another one of your threads that I will enjoy following!

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 12:46:55 PM »

I'll agree with that.

Looks like another fun project. Too bad you couldn't keep that truck. It would look pretty cool hauling it around on the back of a period hauler.

edit: But if you say you're going to put a small block in there, then Jay will have NO CHOICE but to ban you ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:48:40 PM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

GPR

• View Profile
    • Gillis Restorations
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 01:04:50 PM »

I'll agree with that.

Looks like another fun project. Too bad you couldn't keep that truck. It would look pretty cool hauling it around on the back of a period hauler.

edit: But if you say you're going to put a small block in there, then Jay will have NO CHOICE but to ban you ;D ;D

Yes I should be banned if I did that.

I still have the original crank, rods and .025 over pistons that came with the car and will be used.

I bought this 1968 F350 ramp truck with a 360 and 4 speed on ebay years ago and it is one of my projects to restore. It would look good with my Mustang on the back and the Cobrastang on a trailer.
Rusty Gillis

Former NHRA SS/FA & SS/GA National Record Holder