Author Topic: FEPower Intake adapter  (Read 33284 times)

fastback 427

• View Profile
Re: FEPower Intake adapter
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2014, 10:47:19 AM »
Would have been a lot cooler if the new guy could have waited a couple days to see what the first one would have done >:(  I don't know if you could have a custom intake made for that price Jon. I think one would have more in cad drawings and writing programs for the lathe and getting molds made. Jmho.
Jaime
67 fastback 427 center oiler 428 crank Dove aluminum
top end toploader
67 fairlane gta cross bolted 12:1 390 Dove aluminum top end c6 3600 stall
65 falcon straight axle project
67 mustang coupe project
76 f350 dually 390 mirror 105 4bbl 4spd
74 f100 xlt 390 c6 factory ac

fe66comet

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2014, 11:04:29 AM »
Maybe a sheet metal one could be done. Before Jay came out with his adaptor I considered mating a dual plane Edelbrock to a Ford Cleaveland intake by having it milled out and have the lower welded to the upper. The dual quad air gap I have actually looks a lot like Jays part minus the removable plate. I never priced it out though as about that time Jay announced that he was working on a design that would adapt the part I was considering anyhow.

BH107

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2014, 11:24:19 AM »
Would have been a lot cooler if the new guy could have waited a couple days to see what the first one would have done >:(  I don't know if you could have a custom intake made for that price Jon. I think one would have more in cad drawings and writing programs for the lathe and getting molds made. Jmho.

And he probably would have got a better price as well! First one goes for $2k makes yours look like its worth that much...

LargeRickhead66

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2014, 04:51:34 PM »
My thoughts on where Jay may, or should go with this in the future, since some of the adapter buyers are speculators: The next 15 adapters should go directly to ebay, sell them auction style, one or two a week or 5 day auctions. Starting with a higher than current obligated price, reap the profits. Then finish up the remaining already ordered manifold adapters to thwart the speculators.
After the pre-ordered adapters have been made, shipped etc. set the price on the next run closer to what the market establishes as a median.
I have two, myself ( two different iterations ) and I'm very impressed with the quality of these parts. I believe Mr. Brown deserves to profit from his labor!
   Rick Wanner,       Yup, old school here.

fe66comet

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »
Eh yeah works out great for you LOL. The thing about an auction as said is people will bid an item many times way past market value. Just because some morons bid something up just to prove they have deeper pockets does not show market value, it just shows there are some really naive people out there with more money than sense.

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2014, 05:14:30 PM »
I would even give Jay my two back if he could make that kind of money off them, and wait on later ones.  I have so many projects working, it would not be an issue for me.  They are really a neat piece of work for the FE builder.  I really think a sheetmetal intake to complement the adapter would be "king of the hill" for a bracket car or serious street car.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2014, 05:17:46 PM »
I really think a sheetmetal intake to complement the adapter would be "king of the hill" for a bracket car or serious street car.  Joe-JDC

I'm getting light headed. :)
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2014, 07:24:49 PM »
LOL!  Easy Marc, don't pass out on us  ;)

I appreciate the comments because they are obviously directed at my own interests.  But its against my general nature to promise one thing, and do another, so I will continue down the list and deliver all those intake adapters before I start doing any advertising on ebay.  I think it would be bad business for me to put a bunch of people who've been waiting for months on hold so I could sell some now on ebay to make a little extra money.  Those kinds of business practices, while common in the FE world, don't lead to long term success, IMO.

I also don't think that anybody who bought one was really a "speculator"; its easy to have a change of plans and need to sell your stuff to fund the next project, or the next rent payment, whatever.  And after seeing how much the first one is bid up to ($1500 last time I checked), I also don't blame anybody who wants to sell theirs to make some money.  They can always get another one from me later LOL!

In a few months I'll have delivered all the intake adapters on the list and put a few up on ebay myself, and we'll see how the prices end up then.  In the meantime, anybody want to speculate on how high this one will go?  I'm gonna say $1625...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2014, 07:42:25 PM »
I'll try to stay upright Jay but all this talk of wonderful equipment is intoxicating. ;D
BTW
I think the bid price on the Ebay item is just an indication of the demand for well thought out and developed equipment.
As well as a couple guys that don't know they can call you.
Thanks for your business practices.
Kinda makes me wanna get another for the future.
Congrats on a beautiful piece of kit.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:52:40 PM by turbohunter »
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

fe66comet

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
I depends on the auction sniper, yes at one time I was guilty of such practices but in the end the last 10 seconds sets the price. I am going with 2010.99 as a top price, could go higher depends how bad they want to win. I found with auctions both live and proxy for some people it starts as bidding on a object but soon it becomes just winning no matter what the price. I saw a Power King tractor go up for auction that i put some bids on a few years ago at a local farm auction. I knew the tractor was a plain Jane worth approximately 600-800 dollars. I bidded it up to 1000 dollars just to make the guy eat it, then someone else bidded it up to 2200. Later the guy who won it saw i had a Power King hat on and asked me if i would work on it because he did not know anything about it, i laughed and said that is blatantly obvious. I explained to him that i just sold a much better fully painted and rebuilt tractor just like it for 1500 and laughed, i then said sure i will rebuild it for 2000 dollars and walked away. 

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2014, 09:31:58 PM »
Pretty amazing.
Now that I have a good supply of heads (about thirty pair left available at this moment) I decided to put them up on ebay to get more attention.  Quite a few watchers - but so far zero sales.  At least none through ebay itself.  I made the wrong part  ::)

482supersnake

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2014, 10:23:51 PM »
Hey Barry.
 The last time I looked at your Ebay auction the heads you had listed were bare but priced at the assembled price. Maybe I miss read the listing. Scott

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2014, 10:46:30 PM »
I just checked and it looks correct at my end.
No "deals" for ebay - just figured it was another venue to publicize the availability.
We are valve jobbing a bunch right now since the complete heads are outselling the bare castings by 3-1

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »
Update:

So far simply no response from high bidder. If a non paying person it will really mess things up. So much for the excitement.

Lets hope it is not a member of this forum or the "other" forum.

Person does buy a lot of FE parts and FE related stuff.

No beware of yet will give them more time but is in the area north of LA and west of LV

fastback 427

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2014, 11:36:30 AM »
I was wondering what your adapter finally went for? Hopefully all will go alright with the payment. Is the buyer bidding on the other one that's on eBay now?
Jaime
67 fastback 427 center oiler 428 crank Dove aluminum
top end toploader
67 fairlane gta cross bolted 12:1 390 Dove aluminum top end c6 3600 stall
65 falcon straight axle project
67 mustang coupe project
76 f350 dually 390 mirror 105 4bbl 4spd
74 f100 xlt 390 c6 factory ac