Author Topic: Anyone have CC's #s for Edelbrock, FElony and factory Ford CJ head Intake Ports?  (Read 2309 times)

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
In his Dueling 390s Blair stated the BBM's have 182cc intake ports and not in his exact words but that at 190cc's and over FE intake ports can get lethargic.
   Wondering if Blair used any differences in the pistons for the CJ vs BBM head since the chambers were obviously decades different in shape and perhaps even CCs and he kept compression to 10.00:1.  But with stock stroke and small bore they likely required no dishes or domes and he may have gone with only flat tops w/reliefs on both motors.

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
Both had 69-70 cc chambers and flat tops.  CJ intakes are generally in the 152-155 range untouched.  Eds are 165-ish, BBM was 182-ish.  I don't know what a Survivalist intake runner is.  All of those numbers are somewhat variable on the runners, as it depends on where a person puts the valvejob.  That is what I see with my stuff.
Blair Patrick

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
My heads generally come in at around 180cc on runner volume.  The casting was supposed to be at 74cc in the model, but I've seen them running between 75 and 76 in production.  The variance is pretty much inherent in a cast product.