Author Topic: 64 Galaxie front end stabilizer?  (Read 3808 times)

Kerry j

• View Profile
64 Galaxie front end stabilizer?
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:31:57 PM »
I've about got the frame, drive train and suspension finished on my 64 Galaxie and decided to put a stabilizer on the front A arms. In checking with Steve aka the 64galaxie guy in Kingman AZ about a OEM stabilizer; he says there were three types. A flat bar and round bar that tied the two A arms together and one that ties each A arm to the front frame crossmember. All he has left is the one that ties to the frame. He sent me a picture of them, but I've never seen them before, so I'm wondering if anyone here knows about this option.

I can always get an after market one that ties the A arms together, but if the frame to A arm system works as well, I think it would be cool to have it.

Thanks in advance for any help or advise.

machoneman

• View Profile
Re: 64 Galaxie front end stabilizer?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 02:38:09 PM »
Greg Donahue Inc., the parts house, used to carry the cheap one but they seem to have gone out of business. I'm pretty sure this one is like the Donahue one:

http://www.dearbornclassics.com/lower-control-arm-stabilizer.html

This link has a neat homemade bar version if you like to fab stuff up.  I've driven some with the Donahue system and compared to my old stock boxtop '63 Galaxie, it was like night and day!  

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/suspension-articles/485352-60-64-galaxie-lower-arm-offset-shaft-eliminator-2.html
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:13:10 PM by machoneman »
Bob Maag

Kerry j

• View Profile
Re: 64 Galaxie front end stabilizer?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
Thanks, that is exactly what Steve, the Galaxie guy in Kingman has; it's off a 64 Convertible. I had never seen that variety, but it must be the thing to have if that's what Dearborn Classics is selling.