Author Topic: Ford Dealer optioned out 2014 GT500 to sell to vintage FE Mustang afficionados  (Read 2155 times)

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
Stopped by local Ford Dealer and checked out the white w black interior GT500 in the showroom. The GT500 had side decal delete @ N/C and top stripe delete @ N/C making it void of any stripes or lettering. It was ready for anything with Track-Pack and Recaro Seats.

Anyone take odds those deleted N/C stripes would be well over $1,000.00 at the Parts Dept? ...............not to mention the Body Shop would charge for installing them.
     So I'm wondering would FoMoCo pocket the delete "windfall" or would the dealer get anything off the cars cost for specifying decal deletes?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:07:13 PM by Qikbbstang »

jmlay

• View Profile
Unless the window sicker lists them as a delete they will be shipped with the car. The only benefit the dealer will receive is they will not incur the labor to install them.

TO get an idea how much the stripes cost:

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/parts/2014/Ford/Mustang/Shelby%20GT500/?siteid=214771&vehicleid=403242&section=BODY%20HARDWARE&group=STRIPE%20TAPE
Mike

Qikbbstang

• View Profile
Thanks for the pricing.   Sticker absolutely read DELETE and the laugh was the N/C No Charge. 

I was daydreaming today about the GT500s massive Trac-Pack rotors and calipers   --- when you got a 200MPH Ford you just got to have brakes that look like they were swiped off a Jet.

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
Unless the window sicker lists them as a delete they will be shipped with the car. The only benefit the dealer will receive is they will not incur the labor to install them.

TO get an idea how much the stripes cost:

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/parts/2014/Ford/Mustang/Shelby%20GT500/?siteid=214771&vehicleid=403242&section=BODY%20HARDWARE&group=STRIPE%20TAPE

I have owned 4 late model GT500's. The stripes are never shipped with car! They come standard on the GT500 if you do not want them you have to do a stripe delete which BB mentioned.

Reason there is no return on $$ if stripes are deleted is because of the labor cost to install them. Labor is more than the cost of stripes. Side stripes are easy but the over the top are labor intensive . . . ask me how I know . .

GT500KR stripe kit was over 4000.00 but of course was not possible to order car without stripe kit although I was able to get a KR hood less the stripes . . Horrible quality from shelby too.