Author Topic: Tying into the oiling system of the FE  (Read 2610 times)

sumfoo1

• View Profile
Tying into the oiling system of the FE
« on: April 21, 2014, 01:16:44 PM »
Whats the best tie in point?  Should i put a T on top of the oil filter adapter for the gauge and to bleed off some oil for the turbos i plan on running?

Who has a good range of oil pumps for me to pick from to make sure i don't starve the engine trying to feed the turbos?

Thank you.

Bill (foo1)

bw_kc

• View Profile
Re: Tying into the oiling system of the FE
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 06:54:41 AM »
Try Precision Oil Pumps - they have several FE oil pumps to choose from.
http://stores.precisionoilpumps.com/

Regarding where to pull oil for the turbos - install a "sandwich adapter" like you'd use to plumb an external oil cooler.  You could feed the turbos and return the oil with another line to the pan.

Just a thought.

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:14:36 AM »
Doug at Precision Oil Pumps also makes a billet filter adapter with an additional 1/2" pipe threaded hole in the top, right beside the 1/4" pipe hole.  I use them to plumb in accumulators, but it would be great for turbo oil, and you could return to the pan rail like a 391 FT did.  There are threaded holes at #2 and #4 main in the pan rail.  Just punch one through and you're in!  I'd use #2 if if a front sump pan, and #4 for a rear sump.  Plumbing that way would send the hot oil back to the pan.  A sandwich adapter will send the hot turbo oil to the bearings when it comes back to the engine.
Blair Patrick

sumfoo1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 07:27:30 AM »
Thanks folks