Author Topic: FE Clevite bearings no longer have a V groove for oiling the thust side cylinder  (Read 2240 times)

428GT500

• View Profile
I purchased new Clevite Bearings number CB-760 P-20. There is no V groove on the bearing shell at the parting line of the rod cap that lubricated the thrust side of the cylinder wall via the notch in the rod cap. Have they changed the design? Should they be exchanged for another brand? The mains are in, but it appears if this may have even oiled the cam. Anyone running them with no issue that has a flat tappet hydrualic cam?

-Keith

fastback 427

• View Profile
I believe they eliminated them 4 or 5 years back. Still makes a guy pucker a little without them. :o
Jaime
67 fastback 427 center oiler 428 crank Dove aluminum
top end toploader
67 fairlane gta cross bolted 12:1 390 Dove aluminum top end c6 3600 stall
65 falcon straight axle project
67 mustang coupe project
76 f350 dually 390 mirror 105 4bbl 4spd
74 f100 xlt 390 c6 factory ac

Lenz

• View Profile
Scat rods and Speed Pro bearings (part 8-7200CH) going into my 445 as provided by Survival, there are no provisions for the OEM style oil spurt holes in any of the components.  I'm also absolutely certain that they just aren't needed (maybe the extra oil flying around in a performance application does more harm than good ????). I don't base that on any special knowledge I have but I will base it on the kit as provided.  If Barry R catches this thread maybe he'll comment. 
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick