Author Topic: Question for the members regarding this board  (Read 17567 times)

mammyjammer

• View Profile
Re: Question for the members regarding this board
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 11:33:29 PM »
Instead of Buyer Beware how about calling it Vendor Feedback?
I can start it with positive feedback on Precision Oil Pumps and RobbMc.
Both were very helpful and provided quality products in a timely manner.
I even tried to buy more parts than I needed from POP for my fairly mild build and they convinced me to run my stock parts!

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 11:47:58 PM »
I also like the feedback areas and think they should stay. Although when I first read "child boards", I thought it was a place for kids to play on here. I thought that was pretty strange :o  And yes, I'm serious ::)

The minimum post count sounds like a good idea. "Drive by" hits are the main concern, usually coming from somebody with an axe to grind or an ulterior motive. But not all sales are from vendors. Since most of us regular FE guys have had dealings with the bigger FE vendors, we pretty much know what to expect and for the vast majority they are really good guys. I only concern myself with private dealings with people I don't know, and in that regard these boards are very useful and even help to strengthen the FE "community" here.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 10:44:58 AM »
Instead of Buyer Beware how about calling it Vendor Feedback?
I can start it with positive feedback on Precision Oil Pumps and RobbMc.
Both were very helpful and provided quality products in a timely manner.
I even tried to buy more parts than I needed from POP for my fairly mild build and they convinced me to run my stock parts!

You can post positive feedback under the Good Deals board; I would encourage everyone to do that if you have a good buying experience.

I don't know why they call these things "Child Boards", seems a little strange to me too.  But as far as I know I'm not able to change that name, so that's what they're called... ???
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

mmason

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 11:35:43 AM »
I think child boards is just another term for sub-forum.
Michael Mason

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 12:48:06 PM »
Yep! The parent board is the main (or one of the main) posting boards, hence the 'child' moniker.

'Course, does this mean there is a step-child board....LMAO!
Bob Maag

Chad D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 02:44:25 PM »
Providing a venue for anonymous complaints certainly has the potential for abuse.  It is tough to balance the individual's desire to air a gripe (and potentially save us all some dough/time/frustration) with a vendor's need to counter that gripe (which can tell us who the good guys really are).  Perhaps require an order number and date so the vendor has the opportunity to make it right or at least successfully investigate the complaint?

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »
I would support keeping this section of the forum as it is.  Drew is correct that this type of input needs a home or it could land anywhere.  Personally I was not affected by the negative post against Survival, I've got the 447 stroker kit on order right now.  I spoke with Barry and believe he'll deliver what he promised.

Bottom line is I did my research, I reviewed the costs and my opportunities and I made my choice.  I believe I made the right one and seeing the negative input from one bad experience doesn't affect me.
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

Ford428CJ

• FE FREAK!
    • View Profile
    • Hillside Auto
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 03:59:20 PM »
Being a vendor myself... I dont have any complaints. There is always 2 sides of the story as we all know. You cant make everyone happy, even if it cost you money and time. I think the guys here all have good points and merit! I know all the vendors try to help out the customer the best they can with there needs! Dennis, Barry, Blair are really great guys! I'm good with whatever LOL
Wes Adams FORD428CJ 
Hillside Auto- Custom Curved, Blueprinted Distributors
03 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.0 and 35's
64 Falcon 428FE
55 FORD Truck 4-link Rides on air with 428FE

rockittsled

• 1976 F-250 390 4v C6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 12:32:52 AM »
I agree also with allowing the vendor to respond and Chad D had an interesting add-on with requiring info for research for vendors response

glxi390

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 09:51:59 AM »

If you're going to go with a post count, I better get in my 1.8 cents worth [Canadian currency]while I can. The FE community isn't huge and guys like Barry, Dennis, Blair, Brent etc. have already earned good reputations. Thats why so many people here step up
to defend them.
As for the guy's manifold , it came but it was $$$$$$$$. No wonder with 'a guy named Art on the box', UPS charges by weight.
Sorry just couldn't resist.     Rick

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 07:14:56 PM »
Sometimes timing is EVERYTHING!  Recently I tried to buy one of the new aluminum blocks from Barry R., and was waiting on a phone call back to give pertinent information for shipping, etc.  During the couple of days it took him to call me back, I had several things happen, and it was unfortunate that I was unable to answer the phone when he did call back.  Since then, I have had many, many things happen that have taken much more than the asking $4200. for that aluminum block.  Just today my insurance adjuster finished with checking my house, garage, and tool shed for hail damage, and they will require a complete replacement.  I know Barry, DSC, and others are busy, so give them the benefit of doubt that they are intentionally not calling back at your time schedule.  For me, I still want one of those blocks, but my wallet needs a few weeks to regroup.  Just saying,  timing is everything in the machine shop businesses.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

hossfish77

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 07:29:01 PM »
I think you should leave it the way it is. I recently had a bad exsperiance with one of the venders and think I might have went a different rout if I had found this sight before hand.