Author Topic: Only 2 bad experience buying parts in 32 years  (Read 8426 times)

Fairlane

• View Profile
Only 2 bad experience buying parts in 32 years
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:19:49 PM »
Excluding a guy named Ron Miller in California 13 years ago I have only had one other bad purchasing experience for my Fairlanes. Looks like I am the lucky one from what I read!

After my father died 3 years ago I decided to finish his dream car for him and give it to my son for graduation, and the only vendor that took my money without supplying product was a guy with a big flashy sight @ Survival Motorsports ( I don’t remember his name, I think it was Harry or Barry). He told me he had numerous F.E. manifolds in stock and was ready to ship after my credit card cleared; I waited 9 weeks during the build until I couldn’t wait any longer, it was at that point he told me "I don’t have the manifold you want in stock". I was so desperate for a manifold at that time, so he had a manifold shipped from Blue Thunder (some guy named Art was on the box) and though the manifold was nice I had to pay $$$$$$$$$ for it! He left a bad taste in my mouth, and it felt like I had been had! But the things we do for are children.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Only 2 bad experience buying parts in 32 years
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »
You got your parts, right?  Blue Thunder is famous for delays of FE-related products; I doubt it was Survival's fault.  I had exactly the same situation with a Blue Thunder intake, and was told by the vendor I bought it from (not Survival)  that Blue Thunder said they had it, and it turned out that they didn't.

Hmmm, I see that your only two posts are to slam a known good vendor.  I will delete the other one, because it is a duplicate of this one.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Fairlane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 02:00:16 PM »
I had not ordered a Blue Thunder manifold, because I wanted my dads car to match mine (I ordered edelbrock), I settled for a Blue Thunder manifold because Survival Motorsport already had my money for so long I felt I could not get it back by disputing it with my CC company.

I am sorry you feel that I am slamming Survival Motorsports, I believe in GOD, FAMILY & TRUTH, if you can’t handle that I will pray for you. This person may be a good known vendor; all I’m stating is the truth. Know I am a man guided by God (I believe sarcasm to be a sin), and if sarcasm is one of the things to be expected on this sight I will gladly leave. I believe in living a peaceful life, one with God.

fastback 427

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 04:51:49 PM »
I don't believe jay was taking a shot at you fella. As a customer of many fe vendors I have waited years for some of my specialty pieces. I think it would have been nice to here positive things about your projects and experiences. Maybe as a god fearing man you could turn the other cheek?
Jaime
67 fastback 427 center oiler 428 crank Dove aluminum
top end toploader
67 fairlane gta cross bolted 12:1 390 Dove aluminum top end c6 3600 stall
65 falcon straight axle project
67 mustang coupe project
76 f350 dually 390 mirror 105 4bbl 4spd
74 f100 xlt 390 c6 factory ac

Bad Byrd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 04:53:03 PM »
I had not ordered a Blue Thunder manifold, because I wanted my dads car to match mine (I ordered edelbrock), I settled for a Blue Thunder manifold because Survival Motorsport already had my money for so long I felt I could not get it back by disputing it with my CC company.

I am sorry you feel that I am slamming Survival Motorsports, I believe in GOD, FAMILY & TRUTH, if you can’t handle that I will pray for you. This person may be a good known vendor; all I’m stating is the truth. Know I am a man guided by God (I believe sarcasm to be a sin), and if sarcasm is one of the things to be expected on this sight I will gladly leave. I believe in living a peaceful life, one with God.

WOW!!!

If Sarcasm is a sin I am the Devil then!

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 06:24:31 PM »
So I say....LEAVE!  ;D We'll do just fine here without you.
Bob Maag

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 06:53:10 PM »
I don't know who you are yet.  Eventually I will figure it out.

Parts availability for FE stuff has been pretty much off a train wreck for a couple years now.  As soon as we get a quantity of something in everybody finds out about it, we sell it out in hours, and can't get replacements for days, weeks, or even months.  In this past year at one time or another I have been unable to get needed pistons, intakes, heads, cranks, rods, and even cams delivered on time.  The suppliers have all cut way, way back on manufacturing capability and staff and cannot meet their own stated manufacturing lead times or promise dates.

But If you really ordered an Edelbrock intake odds are you'd have had it quickly because Edelbrock still inventories stuff.  You probably ordered something else - maybe a Dove dual quad tunnel wedge?  Dove ships parts when they have them, but they have been out of parts a lot lately and have missed delivery target dates as a result of some employee issues.  That's the only place I can imagine subbing in a Blue Thunder part for anything else - would never have done that for an Edelbrock part.

As far as credit stuff - if you had the order number all you'd have needed to do was provide the card number & I would refund the transaction if nothing had been shipped.  Lord knows I have done a lot of refunds over the years even when the "date" was long past.  (I did have one guy want to get warrantee coverage on a 700+ horsepower engine four years later - even I have some limits).  If it was something big or complicated it may take me a couple days to process - money has always been tight as I try to grow the business and I am only one guy...but I really do try to make things "right" for people... 

Your name might help - or your order number if you don't want anybody to know who you are.

Fairlane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 09:36:03 PM »
I believe your postings are right, I should turn the other cheek. As well as the HERO member asking me to leave. Just know you asked a Navy vet of 13 and a half years that lost his left arm in the Atlantic to walk out the door (I get better treatment at Applebee's). Most places I go I have felt welcome, even though people stare at me, this is not the place for me. Don't let this ruin your day I was once like you, God saved my life!

Good bye and god bless

Bad Byrd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 09:41:25 PM »
Ok Lets kill this one and move on, I dont come here for a lesson on a fictional figure.................I just want to learn about the FE thanx!