Author Topic: T @ D rocker arm kit / street  (Read 10561 times)

Monzy

• View Profile
Re: T @ D rocker arm kit / street
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 09:56:52 PM »
I'm currently switching from a Dove setup to the Street T&D setup on edelbrock heads.  The pushrod length from the Dove, Ball/Cup was 8.871.  The T&D rockers Ball/Ball pushrod measured out at 9.318.  Unfortunately for me my pushrods are still in the mail from Sept.4 possibly lost.   >:(   I've been down half the summer with this changer over to T&D and can't wait to slam some gears a few more times before winter and dreaded salt on our roads.   ;D

427Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »
That is the same switch I am thinking of doing on my 427...I will use all the Dove/Comp stuff on another build..Where did you order your pushrods from????...Cory
1968 Mustang Fastback...427 MR 5spd (owned since 1977)
1967 Mustang coupe...Trans Am replica
1936 Diamond T 212BD
1990 Grizzly pick-up

afret

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 05:05:48 PM »
One thing I don't like about cup style adjusters with the stock style rocker shaft is that it's difficult to keep all 8 pushrods in place on the adjusters during installation.  With the ball adjusters, a bit of grease in the pushrod cup will keep all the pushrods in place.  The cup adjusters have a very shallow cup and the pushrods don't want to stay in place with only two hands.  Always had one or two that would slip out of place when tightening the stand bolts/nuts.  Probably not a big deal if you don't remove the rockers very often.

They work great if you have the race version where you can install two at a time with no pressure on rockers at all. 

bn69stang

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 05:45:20 AM »
what kind of cams are you guy s running ? , solids , solid roller s , hyd roller s or just hyd .. Bud
69 mach 1 , 428 C J  Blue Oval Performance BBM heads -T@D rocker s- Blue thunder intake - Comp hydr roller - MSD ignition - FPA headers- Holley 850 hp double pumper - TKO 600 - 9 inch 3.89 Detroit Locker . ride tech coil over conversion - power rack @ pinoin steering - 13 inch drilled @ slotted 4 wheel disc brakes ..

Mike Caruso

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 11:04:19 AM »
Here's one Barry did with those rockers.
I like this "collection of pre-existing parts".  ;D
I sure Barry would chime in if they were falling apart.

http://fefordtech.com/index.php?topic=39.0

YIKES big power Barry very nice
Mike Caruso
Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother!
www.AERA.org
Engine Professional Magazine Free To All

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
Only downside to the T&D bolt-ons is that they still use only the four factory 3/8 fasteners - it's tough on them for certain in solid roller applications.  I suspect that this would be a good case for adding an oversized insert to the head if it were in the budget.  The T&D race rocker system is much more robust, but takes a fair amount of machining and thus money to use.  The street rockers have proven pretty durable in any flat tappet and hydraulic roller application I've run so far - zero issues of any sort.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 02:26:28 PM »
Same here.  Was able to see where the breaking point was last week though.  Pulled an insert out of a head with 625 lbs over the nose running T&D streets.  Not a fun sound at 6800....
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

afret

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 03:39:24 PM »
Machining for the race version is pretty simple and didn't cost much. 

Mike Caruso

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »
I remember when Larry started T&D a great guy Racer and makes a very right product.
Mike Caruso
Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother!
www.AERA.org
Engine Professional Magazine Free To All