Author Topic: NHRA 68 Stocker Project  (Read 1780 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jim Kramer

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 60
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2026, 11:02:29 AM »
that looks like it will do nicely! Just an idea, the 69 mustangs have plastic inner fender guards instead of the steel ones on yours and earlier mustangs, they have to be trimmed to fit but weigh almost nothing, also you can make the inner door hinge plates out of alunimum   Pound here pound there!

mike7570

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 116
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2026, 11:28:43 AM »
Looking good, what color are you going to paint it? 
I had family issue come up and couldn’t go to the Bakersfield double. Looks like Vegas divisional to try out the new headers and tune.
By the way I also have a set of ‘68 bumpers I’m not using do you want them?

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2026, 11:41:00 AM »
base



AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2026, 12:09:50 PM »
Base

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2026, 12:12:50 PM »
Clear

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2026, 12:16:29 PM »
Hood

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2026, 12:18:31 PM »
Trunk lid

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2026, 12:26:00 PM »
Done. Except for fenders and doors, gotta finish those up. Got some orange peel, nothing that won’t cut and buff out, not too bad for first time... maybe haha;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2026, 12:38:10 PM by AZ428STCKER »

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2026, 12:28:38 PM »
that looks like it will do nicely! Just an idea, the 69 mustangs have plastic inner fender guards instead of the steel ones on yours and earlier mustangs, they have to be trimmed to fit but weigh almost nothing, also you can make the inner door hinge plates out of alunimum   Pound here pound there!

Hey Jim, those are good ideas I might try that!! Thanks for the tips!!

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2026, 12:33:09 PM »
Looking good, what color are you going to paint it? 
I had family issue come up and couldn’t go to the Bakersfield double. Looks like Vegas divisional to try out the new headers and tune.
By the way I also have a set of ‘68 bumpers I’m not using do you want them?

Hey Mike, its painted” Antimatter” Ford Blue. It’s a cool color changes with different angles, not the best paint job… it’s a good “50 yards away” paint job;) haha

I’m planning on going to Vagas, hopefully I’ll see you there! I’d take them if you’re wanting to get rid of them but I have new ones. Either way, thanks for the offer! Hope to see you there!

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2026, 01:27:17 PM »
Now for the Meat and Patatoes!!😍

428 “A” scratch, billet crossbolt caps, filled block (will be replaced with sleeved down 427 side oiler soon)
3.997 stroke forged scat crank ( can do billet cranks now in nhra Stock wish I would have waited;)
6.488 Carrillo 2.20 jrn approved rods
CP pistons F2-CP approved 4.19 bore
Total Seal Rings
Bostick Racing in Yuma AZ did machine work on Block, done some blocks like this for other Fe guys on the west Coast. Revco in California did the balance work on rotating assembly.
 

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2026, 01:30:47 PM »
Short block

Stangman1

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2026, 02:36:18 PM »
Looks great. Really coming along now. Love the color. Just painted my dads 33 Ford and it came out really good was surprised myself. Yours looks great too. I know your worried about orange peel but don’t wet sand to much (ask me how I know).

AZ428STCKER

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2026, 03:39:14 PM »
Thank you, I appreciate it. haha, I'm not so worried about the orange peel as I am the dirt specs, next time I will be doing stuff a little different to say the least. I'm a little nervous to cut it and buff it, mine only has two coats of clear, I was afraid to do another coat without getting more dirt in it... so we'll see how it goes i guess. Yeah painting is not really my thing I found out... lol!

Stangman1

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: NHRA 68 Stocker Project
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2026, 02:15:50 PM »
I would polish with a very light compound and then polish. A couple of specs of dirt won’t slow you down. And your probably gonna have stickers on it.