Author Topic: vacuum heater tap on fe intakes  (Read 448 times)

Jb427

• View Profile
vacuum heater tap on fe intakes
« on: June 13, 2024, 04:47:32 AM »
Can anyone see why this heater tap would not work on a tunnel wedge intake. Apart from it hitting intake runner or distributer
I would like to keep the water lines nice and neat and avoid having lines all over the place my A/C heater core only has 2 lines I think 67 had 3 any thoughts on how I can make it less ugly would be great   

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Re: vacuum heater tap on fe intakes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 01:49:58 PM »
67s do have three. Are you trying to avoid using the factory water valve?
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.55@125.74 1.46 60’

Jb427

• View Profile
Re: vacuum heater tap on fe intakes
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 07:03:45 PM »
No factory is fine then adapted to my engine bay I can't find any photos or workshop diagrams on where and how they got mounted or how they ran the lines
I have a new factory style one here they come with a 67 mustang mounting bracket but I have what I think is a 66/67 fairlane mounting bracket here

My goal is just a neat look as there is not much room back there with with a 8v intake. From the limited info I have found so far they had a 90 deg elbow rubber line on the heater core and the tap was mounted almost behind the intake on the fire wall. I am right in the middle of putting all the holes in the firewall now only water air and the drain hole are marked with dimples but I really need to get the vacuum line holes done too and one for the vacuum tank I am going to mount it under the right hand side guard mounting holes for the heater tap and wire for the compressor it will be mounted under the alternator on the right hand side.

A photo of a good untouched factory 390 car around the heater tap area would be great. Then I can go from there

If i can hide it at the back there it would be great