Author Topic: Flexplate  (Read 890 times)

Stangman

• View Profile
Flexplate
« on: May 24, 2024, 11:49:25 AM »
So just received new Flexplate from Jegs. Just took a look at it and I’m not near my original one but this one is way thicker and heavy duty. It’s an ATI for a C-6. So of course I’m gonna check were the ring gear sits in relation to block but should starter engagement still be good.

Jb427

• View Profile
Re: Flexplate
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 12:31:17 PM »
I use an ATI c6 flex plate and a powermaster starter 0 problems at all. I been running mine for about a year now and I had the inspection plate off not that long ago and teeth looked good.

I will say that when I had my converter made it was made with 3/8th bolts and the ATI flex plate was 7/16 not sure why the converter guy did that just lazy I think but I fixed that with out any real problem.

something else to add did you buy the kit? flexplate and crank adapter kit? or just the flexplate?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 12:37:35 PM by Jb427 »

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2024, 09:59:14 PM »
Thank you.

1968galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2024, 11:16:55 PM »
Make sure you verify converter to flexplate clearance with the thicker flexplate.
1/8" to 3/16"
Some end up stacking 2 block plates when using a thick flexplate if there is not enough clearance.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2024, 08:36:52 PM »
I had just had ATI give me an additional .020 clearance using my stock flexplates. On the stock flexplates were the converter touches the flexplates the plate bows out. The ATI flexplate is flat. With the stock plate I had .100 with the extra .020 I figured I’d be good. Now I have around .270. Well I made some spacers which are going to give me .135. I tell ya every time I touch something it causes another problem. Well I dropped the motor in today so I’m a little closer.

Jb427

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2024, 10:20:18 PM »
I had my converter made for the ati flexplate as I didn't have a converter to start with. What shifter are you going to use? I had a hell of a time with the B/M ratchet shifter and the c'6 it was very tricky to get it to adjusted right.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2024, 11:02:36 PM »
I’ve been using the hurst quarter stick for a long time. I had a mega shifter before this and it was finicky but you could get it to work. I lost a race because of it and bought the hurst. Was looking into a winters shifter I like them but until I my shifter breaks why change.