Author Topic: Who are the current good guys where I can purchase a complete 9" center section?  (Read 1115 times)

cleandan

• View Profile
So much has changed over the last four years....I am wondering who are the current good guys building and selling complete 9" center sections?

I am doing a swap on a 65 Shelby GT350 so I want to keep the original center section intact and original.
It just seems easiest to buy a complete center section for this job...partially due to time constraints too.

I will end up with a 28 spline Detroit Locker (or Eaton Truetrac) 3.25:1 gears and a nice case and pinion carrier.

Who do you know that is providing good customer service, good products, and generally ticking the boxes for a good place to do business with.

I know I can go online and find this stuff, but I'm tired of poop head online businesses, so I'm searching for a good place.

Thanks.

MeanGene

• View Profile
Try Jay Cushman on FB, he trades in a lot of surplus or used NASCAR stuff. Very high quality stuff, not drag racing type but circle track and road race

TurboChris

• View Profile
1966 Fairlane - 427 - Pond Block - Edelbrock - Tunnel Wedge

Jim Comet

• View Profile
Quick performance
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 05:29:03 AM »
Times 2 for Quick performance in IA. I have had them do a couple of gear changes in my Yukon aluminum thru bolt 9 inch. Jim

CV355

• View Profile
I went with a full Moser M9, but they also cell just the center sections. 

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
I wouldn’t consider buying a used nascar unit when Quick Performance exists.

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
Times 4 for quick performance.  Just received my third member for my Fairlane. Aluminum STRANGE case
BP 520 ci BBM Twin turbo FAST EFI

cjshaker

• View Profile
I'm curious what makes Quick Performance better than buying direct from Strange or Mark Williams directly?
Price?
Service?
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
YES the price.  was cheaper to have them assemble the third member than to buy from strange
BP 520 ci BBM Twin turbo FAST EFI

cleandan

• View Profile
The rear end has been completely taken care of.
I installed an iron N-case, iron daytona carrier, Detroit True Trac, 3.70:1 gears, and a 1350 yolk.
Thanks for all the info.

So far everything is working well.