Author Topic: Total Control Products/Alston FE Engine Mounts  (Read 1460 times)

TS69GT500

• View Profile
Total Control Products/Alston FE Engine Mounts
« on: March 11, 2024, 10:35:07 AM »
Has anyone installed Total Control/Alston poly Aluminum engine mounts in a stock FE Mustang?
I'm getting conflicting info.
Some say the the engine sits too far forward and there isn't enough clearance for the stock fan and radiator.
Others say the engine sits lower.
I called the tech line and naturally was told the mounts position the engine in the 100% stock location. 

All feedback appreciated.
Don't need to waste $250 - $300 on another bum product.

Thanks,
TonyS

mike7570

• View Profile
Re: Total Control Products/Alston FE Engine Mounts
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 12:23:21 PM »
I have them in my mustang/shelby they were a little farther forward than stock and I had a header clearance problem on the steering box. They come with thick washer/spacers and I moved them to one side and it moved the engine back enough for the headers to clear. I’ll add a photo in a few minutes.
</a>
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 12:39:37 PM by mike7570 »

CV355

• View Profile
Re: Total Control Products/Alston FE Engine Mounts
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 06:40:22 AM »
I used them.  Yes, they position the engine forward a bit, but there are spacer shims. Even with the shims adjusted all the way forward (shifting the engine back), the engine was still further forward than the original position.  This actually helped with two of the header bolts that were originally jammed against the shock tower brace, but made fabricating a puller fan shroud a nightmare.  I have about 1/16" clearance between the electric fans and the belt, but I did design a piggyback 8-rib drive setup for the accessories and blower (I took a CVF Beast 8-rib and then designed my own piggyback pulley setup for the crankshaft so it's two different diameter drives, one for the acc and larger one for the blower).  Unless you are planning something similar, everything should fit fine.  I managed to get a double Spal 4000cfm setup crammed in there without interference.