Author Topic: Strange thunder  (Read 993 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Strange thunder
« on: February 27, 2024, 03:05:31 PM »
I heard there was activity in the sky the other day, and heard some thunder i did not recognice,
But thought some plane was flying lower than usualy. Found out we got a couple of B1B Lancer From
Bomber task force Stationed at the local airforcebase from friday. What a cool plane hope i get to see
it fly over

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
Re: Strange thunder
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 07:32:14 PM »
I live next to Long beach airport.  Boeing used to maintain a repair depot there for the B1-B.  They would replace the huge (truck tire-sized) Teflon pivot bushings for the airplane's swing wings.

I had a friend at Boeing who would tell me when a B1-B was going to be flying out.  They would usually leave in the evening at full military power (afterburners blazing).  Man the noise and the sight of those shock diamonds in the exhaust was something to behold!
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 01:01:20 PM »
Live near Dyess - B1s in the air around here all the time. Some of ours went on raids to Iran and Syria recently.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 04:22:56 PM »
Live near Dyess - B1s in the air around here all the time. Some of ours went on raids to Iran and Syria recently.
Friday i tnink we got a stratotanker stationed here......Eat dirt Putin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 04:25:25 PM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it